Planning a Joint Birthday Party

Category Birthday
Brother and Sister Having a Joint Birthday Party
Joint birthday parties are fun, but can be difficult to plan, especially if there is a notable difference in ages or interests. This is a guide about planning a joint birthday party.

My best friend and I are turning 15 soon and have the same birthday so we want to have a joint birthday party, but we don't know what to do. Anyone have any ideas?

By Chelsea and Jill

Answer Was this helpful? 1

A search for "teen birthday party ideas" will produce many sites with lots of great ideas and themes.

I'm a 13 year-old girl going on 14 in just under a month. I have a younger brother who is going on 12 and we were thinking of have a joined celebration in the holidays with our friends. All up, there willl be around 10-15 boys and girls all ranging from ages 11 to 14.

I don't know what to do and I am hoping to send out invitations by Friday. I need desperate help on what I should do. I don't want to do anything too physical like laster tag or bowling, and I don't want it to be at home as I live too far away from all of my friends. I need to know what to do for me and my little bro's birthday. It has to be cheap, cool, and unique (not too traditional!) Any answers would be a huge help thankyou!

Answers

Bowling is cheap and not too physical. You can have pizza and cake there.

How about a BBQ at the Park and you can play fun games there? Or, a Pool Party?

Weather permitting, wherever you might be, do you have access to a public pool? That's always really fun!

Anonymous

THANKYOU! This was really helpful

My child will be 3 years old in November and I, the mommy, will be 30 years old in November also. I wanted to have both parties on the same day to cut costs, but I wanted to go with two different themes. What do you think? Any help in this area will be appreciated.

By Nandita

Set up separate tables for your themes; one for the youth and one for adults. As far as games and such, someone needs to help supervise the small fries, but who is going to entertain the adults? Is it to be more social for them or games as well? If it's parents of these children who are attending, then you could merge games for all ages to play. A little tricky to pull off, but not impossible. Adults act like children at times too and have fun doing it.

My son is turning 1 on 14 July and his dad is turning 30 on 21 July. I'd like to have a joined party for them. Any ideas please?

By mommy6418 from Namibia

Answers

A giant bar-b-que sounds great! The little guy isn't going to know much so you won't have to do too much that way and can focus on dad's friends. Probably dad has some friends who have children close in age so there should be plenty to play with. I'm all in favor of doing it easy and enjoying yourself!

Get pictures of the baby's dad when he was one yr. old and have copies made of the picture. Use the copies as table decorations in the centerpiece or on the invitations along with copies of a pic of your son. People will enjoy seeing all the photos and comparing them. The rest of the party should be just for the dad since the baby won't remember it at all anyway. Have fun!

My sister and I are going to have a joint birthday. She's turning 14 and I'm turning 16. We simply can't afford to have two birthdays so we decided we'll just invite a bunch of our friends and hang out. We know we want pizza for it, but we can't decide whether to have it at Cici's or just order in and have it at our house. Keep in mind, we really don't have much of a budget. We can get our mom to pay for pizza and that's about it. We need suggestions on where and just other ideas to make the party more fun. Also keep in mind, all our friends, including ourselves, are a bunch of skaters and emos. So no "sweet sixteen" girly girl ideas please. Thanks.

By Jesse S.

If you go to Cici's, your friends may also want to order sodas. If you have it at your house, you can buy just a couple of two-liters of soda and with ice, it will go a long way.

My friend and I are both turning 17 in June this year. We want to do two parties, one for the day time and one at night. We were thinking about a pool party during the day and a lingerie party at night. We want it to be a joint party for both of us. Should we do this? and if so what should our themes be for both of them. We both love Nicki Minaj for the pool party though. Someone please help me. My budget is between 1000 to 1500 dollars. What kind of food should we serve for both of them? We are thinking about a hotel party for the lingerie party.

By Ashley

A lingerie party? For someone who is just turning 17? That's a little too ridiculous if you ask me. I would ax that idea ASAP. The pool party sounds great. Sounds like you've got plenty of money to spend on this, so I would suggest a dance party for the night. Hire a DJ, get a location, get some cool lights. Make it into a dance club scene. Since you guys won't even be legal yet.

So my sister and I were born in the same month and on the same day, but different year. Our birthday is on March 19; I'm turning 17 and my sister is turning 13. We decided to have our friends over and have a party, but I don't want it to seem like it's just my sister's birthday. What can I do so that you can tell it's my birthday too since she's picking out all the decorations? Any ideas?

My father and I are having a birthday party together he will be turning 75 and I will be turning 50. We need a theme and ideals.

By SMH from Cleveland, OH

I am planning a joint birthday party for my little princess and my hubby; he is turning 24. I don't know what to do. I want to go along with the princess theme, but am so confused. Help!

By Brittany from Las Vegas