Planning a Princess Party

My little princess is turning 4, and she wants a princess party. Anyone have any suggestions? As I am not that great of a party planner I can use all the help I can get. I have looked every where for boas and they are expensive, anyone know of whenre to get them any cheaper?

Thanks for any advice. Leanne

Answers:

Planning a Princess Party

Hello, Do you have a dollar store near where you live? The Dollar Tree here has little girl's feather boas for $1.00 each. They also have all types of princess items. Try that avenue. Also do a search of the internet for princess party ideas. You'll be amazed the information you'll find! Good luck and enjoy the party.

By cyndyparis

Planning a Princess Party

Here's a link I found after searching for "Princess Party theme ideas"

Hope it helps. Cyndy

By cyndyparis

Planning a Princess Party

As far as boas and other party favors, the dollar stores are a good idea, as well as the Oriental Trading Company - orientaltrading.com. You can order by catalog or website. Another really neat site I just discovered the other day is the American Science and Surplus Company - sciplus.com I was thinking that would be a good place to get party favors, crafting things, etc.

As an aside, I would also recommend that you keep guest size small, a 5 yo party's would have 5 guests. If this is a children only party. Makes it a lot more manageable. HTH and have fun!

By wendiesioux

Planning a Princess Party

I did a Princess Party for my 4 year old in May. Our invites were just done on the computer and said... "Princess Emma is having a Princess Party! Please Join us for some Princess fun! (inside) Princess Emma would like her princess friends to join her in celebrating her 4th birthday. Please wear your princess dress and come and play princess games, hear a princess story and eat princess cake. When... Where... Mommies can wear their princess dresses too. No presents please, just princess friends." We only invited 6 girls which was perfect. All of the mom's thought it was great and the girls had soooo much fun. We did it from 10-11:30 in the morning so that we didn't need to serve a full meal. Did fruit salad, cheese tray, heart shaped rice crispy bars and a princess cake (wal-mart sells a kit). When the girls first arrived we had make a crown kits on the table that they could work on until everyone else got there (i bought these through Oriental trading). They took their crowns home with them. When they were finished with their crowns and waiting for others, I had decorated the living room as a "ball room" with tulling and white lights (leftovers from my wedding). I turned on big band/swing music and they could dance. After all the crowns were done and everyone had arrived, we did a treasure hunt... I bought several bags a jewel rocks from the craft section and hid them around the yard while they were inside making crowns. Each girl got a cute little treat bag that looked like a purse and when we said go, they had to look for treasure and put in their bag (no winners, just everyone look and keep what you find). Then we did a pinata which i had filled with princess fruit snacks and mardi gras type necklaces from the dollar store. Then we did cake and finger food. Lastly i read them some princess stories from the library. Then I just let them play until it was time to go. They played in the giant castle we had made out of cardboard boxes and danced some more. So much fun! I really did not spend much $ and my daughter was sooo happy.

By Kelly

Planning a Princess Party

The Dollar Tree does have boas but usually there not nearly as fluffy as I would prefer. As for general ideas for a princess party the a supply that you should get a lot of is craft jewels. You can use them to cover almost anything. For each girl you can spray paint a box gold or silver and let them glue on jewels like a treasure box. They have wooden boxes for a dollar at Michael's or you could some kind of card board box. For each kid, you can make a head wreath with ribbon, star garland and fake flowers. You can play kiss the frog on his lips, like pin the tale on the donkey but each girl puts on lipstick and is blind folded then tries to kiss the frog on his lips. After each person does, write there initials by each kiss so you know who's is who's. If you don't want to use the make up, you can just use paper kisses to pin on the frog. You can have a treasure hunt for favors. Party favors can be bubbles, lolly pop rings, rock candy, candy necklaces and scepters made out of dowels (found at Michael's for 50 cents each) and styrofoam all painted silver or gold with jewels glued to the styrofoam orbs at the top.

By Gloria

Planning a Princess Party

You can make enough boas for a whole party with one skein of yarn - just check your local craft store to see what's available. For a party craft, use what we used to call pipe cleaners and sparkly beads to make tiaras, magic wands, etc. I did this for my 4 year old and she still remembers it 20 years later!

By ConnieBrown

Planning a Princess Party
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Princess Amidala (Star Wars) Costume
little girl dressed as a princess
Making a Princess Costume
little girl dancing on bed in princess room
Color Advice for a Princess Room
Little girl at her princess themed birthday party.
Planning a Princess Theme Party
🎉
🎄