Planning a Surprise Party

Category Birthday
Planning a Surprise Party. People at a surprise party.
Planning a surprise party can be a lot of fun. Keeping the party a secret can be a bit tricky though. This is a guide about planning a surprise party.

It's my boyfriend's 21st birthday soon and I am planning him a surprise party at a billiards hall. I was hoping someone would have a suggestion on how to make it better!

Thanks for your time.

By Jenna W.

Answer Was this helpful? 1

Alcohol baby! 21st birthday. :)

A group of 4th graders will be saying farewell to their young student teacher. I am to help decorate the classroom for a surprise party in her honor. What can I make in advance to put up during lunch hour to make this young lady feel special?

Karen from Roseville, MI

This may sound strange but I think a hand chain would be great. Each student can trace their hand and cut it out of black construction paper and fasten them all together in a chain. This teacher can remember her first group of kids by the hand prints and know that she had a "hand" in their education. They can write their names on the black paper with whiteout or a metallic silver sharpie. It will be quick, easy, fun and something she will cherish. You are kind to think of her with a surprise.

A big banner with an appropriate message and all the children's signatures to put across the blackboard might work. I have seen these with magnets glued to the back and the magnets then hold it to the metal stripping around the blackboard. The banner would make a very nice momento for the student teacher.

I'd say any kind of decoration would be great...but as a teacher (and especially when I was a student teacher) the most meaningful thing to me is (was) notes from students. In all their misspellings, strange grammar, and such--their words are the most meaningful and encouraging. Maybe have them write and draw something, then put up the pictures and notes, then have a binder ready to put all the sentiments in so she can take it with her. (A binder makes it easy to take the memories with her, wherever she goes.)

My daughter want's to have a birthday party with just some friends not a lot. She wants to have girls and boys (just a few). She loves to shop and watch movies! She doesn't know about any of this. I want it to be a surprise for her. Any suggestions?

By Ellisa L.

I would rent movies she and her friends would like and have popcorn; movie style snacks, etc. Ask her friends who are invited about ideas! May be start with her favourite dinner, then have the movie, or send them to a theatre. Also you could set up ice cream with a lot of sprinkles etc, let them make their own sundaes.

You could make a Bell Bottom Jeans Cake & decorate it w/candy, Piping, Fruit roll-ups for the belt,etc.These are really popular w/Teens & Tweens. Just take a sheet cake & cut at the top of cake in the middle-going down each side to make a triangle. Then turn the side pieces over and attach w/frosting to the opposite sides of the cake making level at the bottom. Presto-Bell bottoms! Then Frost & decorate. I've seen these w/pipping stitches down the sides of the jeans & pockets.They are really cute & easy to make & even kids could do this w/a little help from an adult. Then serve Ice cream w/it & get some Teen Movies & Chips & Dip, Popcorn & Soda & maybe a Twister Game & you are all set. Whatever you decide. I'm sure it will be fun. Good Luck. : D

I'm planning a surprise party on a very tight budget. It's going to be a BBQ with volleyball. I need advice on cheap favors, food, and paperware for about 150 people. Thanks.

By auntietay from Spokane, WA

If you have a Dollar Tree nearby, they have a very large party section, and everything is a dollar.

You didn't say what kind of surprise party; birthday, anniversary, moving, job promotion, etc. etc. That would determine what kind of favors you might have. A paper, retail supplies warehouse is a great place to find bulk plates napkins, gift boxes, bags, etc. at awesome prices. Also Costco for plates, napkins, "silver" and foods.

When you say what kind of party I will gladly let you know of some fun favor ideas, that are of reasonable cost. The only kind I use. Just need to be clever and appropriate.

I am planning a surprise 17th birthday party for my best friend, who is a girl, and I have no clue on what kind of things to do. So far I have started making the invites and the theme will be pink and black. Her mum knows and will make sure she is wearing pink and black that day! It is going to be from 11.30am till 3.30pm. So if you guys have any ideas on what we can do? No alcohol. She loves dancing, but not all her friends do.

By PartyPlanner from New Zealand

Since she likes dancing, I'd incorporate that into her party; afterall, it is for her. Also, play her favorite music in the background when not dancing. If it's games to play some of the time, make it really fun with a list of things the birthday gal loves and ask her friends questions about her to see how many know her well. The one with the most right answers gets a prize.

My friend is going to be 21 on the 29th of October. We all are planning some good stuff as a surprise. Please give me some ideas. ASAP

By pppp

I'm planning on throwing a surprise party for my friend who is turning 15, and I have 2 months time to plan, but I'm desperate for some ideas. I've got a budget, so nothing too expensive. Boys will be coming, so it can't be something too girlie. It will be held at my house, so I've got limited space.

By Rosie

I'm planning a surprise party for my Mom's 50th birthday. She's a good person, but a little more reserved than some. Any ideas for a theme? I have roughly about 70 people invited so far. Which is better, a barbeque with hamburgers and hot dogs, or a sit-down-knife-and-fork mostaccioli dinner?

Also, my parents are divorced, but my Dad would be hurt if I didn't invite him. However, my Mom's side of the family aren't exactly on good terms with him. What should I do?
Jackie from MI

Answers:

Surprise Party Help

Jackie, It's great that you are honoring your mother. Since you say she is reserved perhaps the casual barbeque would be more comfortable for her. I personally would not invite your father. If you feel that her side of the family doesn't like him they probably have what they feel are good reasons to dislike him. It is her day. Don't make it about him. There may be hurt feelings all around, but the bottom line is it's her birthday. (08/14/2005)

By Grandma Margie

Surprise Party Help

What if your father came by before or after her birthday with a gift or a well wishes. He may be uncomfortable knowing he is on her relatives' bad side. It would only cause tensions that no one really wants to walk into.

If you like, sit your parents down separately, your mother first, and say you'd like to take them both out to dinner, or have them over for dinner, just them. That way, if she declines, you've not brought up the subject to your father and his feelings won't be hurt if she does not want to spend much time with him.

Just a gentle thought: They are your parents, and I am sure they both love you, but they are divorced, and forcing them together on her day just may ignite old hurt feelings. (08/15/2005)

Surprise Party Help

You should have a barbeque with hamburgers and hot dogs because everyone can mingle around.
You should try to keep your dad and your mom's side not to close to each other. (02/27/2008)

By Melanie