Planting Armeria Maritima Seeds

I have some Armeria Maritima seeds, but the instructions are in Chinese. Can you please tell me how to grow these seeds and when?

By Hazel

This what I found when I Googled:

Armeria maritima is a neat little plant for edging borders, or growing in a rockery or between paving stones. It forms evergreen tussocks of grassy leaves, and throughout spring and summer produces rounded flower heads composed of hundreds of tiny flowers in pinks or white on stems 3" to 6" high.

Armeria maritima is a British native plant, and can be found covering hillsides and cliffs in the west of England, where it withstands salt-laden winds. In the wild, flowers are usually pale pink, but brighter pinks and white are available as cultivated plants.

____________________________________

Harvesting and Growing from Seed:

Germination:

Winter

Outside

(54 days)

Seed Pod There is no seed pod. Each tiny flower on the flower head produces a seed, which is

held inside the chaffy bracts.

Seed The seeds are small pale brown drops. There are many seeds on a seedhead.

Seedling The seedling has grassy leaves.

Seeds are usually obtained and sown still inside the papery calyx.

Hope this helps. : )

I just put Armenia Maritima plants into the internet search and came up with the plant, what it likes and doesn't like, type of soil and weather etc. The picture shows a very pretty plant. Try this out. It had way to much info for me to copy into this feedback. By the way, be sure and put the word plants after the name or you get all sorts of things.

Good luck.

Just a suggeston. Try cc&p the chinese words. Then go to a Translator on your computer. Just paste in the words that you copied and cut. See what it translate too! I have done this with German words I did not understand. Good luck.

Home and Garden Gardening SeedsJuly 10, 2011
Beautiful Flower Beds
Finding Free Flower Seeds
Planting Small Seeds
Planting Small Seeds
Rose hips on rough wood background.
Growing Roses from Seed
Sowing seeds directly.
Direct Sowing Seeds
🎄
🍂