Planting a Hanging Flower Basket

Category Container
Planting a Hanging Flower Basket
Planting your own flower basket not only allows you to choose the plants yourself it can also help save you some money. This is a guide about planting a hanging flower basket.

I really wanted a hanging flower basket this year, but found the ones at the store to be too expensive. After looking at a few that I liked, I bought my own flowers and planted one myself.

• hanging basket
  • coconut husk liner
  • various annual flowers
  • garden trowel
  • potting soil

1. Place coconut liner into basket and add some potting soil.
  2. Arrange a few of the plants and add soil around them.
  3. Continue adding plants and soil until the basket is full. Water thoroughly and then hang it up. Note: Remember that removing spent flowers will encourage new growth and help to keep your basket looking beautiful!
  4. Ad

I do this all the time, but to date, I've stuck with one type flower per basket. Your basket looks great and you have given me new ideas. Thanks!

I did this with geraniums this year. The completed ones at the store were $29.99. I bought 3 smaller geraniums for $12.00, already had the pot and soil. Looks great for pretty much a third of the price. :)

I had discovered that those baskets were a lot of work after making the arrangements so I would appreciate any helpful suggestions for this concern. It seemed like I was watering the baskets and flower box for that matter before I left for work and after I returned from work and yet my flowers seemed to die anyway so any suggestions on keeping them looking well would be helpful!

Thank you in advance.

Lena