Plants Leaves Turning Yellow

The leaves on flowering plants, vegetables, or other plants can begin to turn yellow. Determining the cause is the first step in returning your plants to good health. This is a guide about plants leaves turning yellow.

Leaves Turning Yellow
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

My plant is dying. I bought this plant in July and it was doing very well. Three months later (winter) its leaves started turning yellow and then drying out. I don't know it's name or how to treat it. I get no sunlight, so I provide it with artificial lighting. I began spraying it with water two weeks ago, but I see no change. Please help. The only plants that do well here so far are bamboo shoots.

Loyda from New York City

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Seeing your photo it looks like the plant needs to be repotted into a larger pot with new soil and especially since it's obvious there is a large and elderly portion of this plant sharing the space of the smaller soil level leaves. It's simply in a very small pot just sitting inside a larger pot. The size of the existing larger pot would be perfect so just get enough new soil that will go up to the line you see inside that pot ... It's most likely root bound and crying for more room now in the small pot and needs new soil that has some fresh nutrients. When you repot be sure to gently spread the existing root in the ball out a bit so the roots can easily spread/grow and breathe. Make sure the new soil is very moist (not flooded) when you first repot. Potted plants should be repotted at least every other year.

Read More Answers...

We have had a lot of rain recently and now my vegetable garden including my corn is getting light green to yellow. Is there something I should add to the soil?

By MaryS from IN

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Yes, check garden center for liquid iron or some other brand for it. You have washed nutrients out of the soil. You see this a lot with container planting.

Read More Answers...

Plant leaves that are all turning yellow need iron, available in garden centers as Ironite, not more water.

By Linda

CommentMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Gardening Plant HealthMay 29, 2013
Tomato Plants
Tomato Plants Leaves Turning Yellow
Lilac Bush
Lilac Leaves Turning Yellow
Yellow cake with chocolate frosting.
Homemade Yellow Cake Recipes
Cucumber Blooms
Cucumbers Turning Yellow
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 1, 2016 at 1:31:14 AM on 10.0.1.132 in 397 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.