Browsing: Plants Leaves Turning Yellow

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Plants Leaves Turning Yellow

The leaves on flowering plants, vegetables, or other plants can begin to turn yellow. Determining the cause is the first step in returning your plants to good health. This is a guide about plants leaves turning yellow.

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

January 5, 2009 Flag

Plant's Leaves are Turning YellowMy plant is dying. I bought this plant in July and it was doing very well. Three months later (winter) its leaves started turning yellow and then drying out. I don't know it's name or how to treat it. I get no sunlight, so I provide it with artificial lighting. I began spraying it with water two weeks ago, but I see no change. Please help. The only plants that do well here so far are bamboo shoots.

Loyda from New York City

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

It looks like a plant I received last July, a Corn plant and on mine to the leaves were turning yellow. I posted questions and was told not to over water it, also it did not like chlorine water. It does not need direct light, good for office or indoors with out much light. Mine is looking a little better but did lose many leaves. Burn

It's a corn plant. Doesn't need much water. No sun needed either. Keep it in a shady place out of the sunny window if you have it in the house. Yellowing leaves on plants usually mean too much water. Brown leaves on plants usually means not enough water and the leaves dry out, turn brown and fall off. You can look up "corn plant" on the internet and find out how to care for it.

Seeing your photo it looks like the plant needs to be repotted into a larger pot with new soil and especially since it's obvious there is a large and elderly portion of this plant sharing the space of the smaller soil level leaves. It's simply in a very small pot just sitting inside a larger pot. The size of the existing larger pot would be perfect so just get enough new soil that will go up to the line you see inside that pot ... It's most likely root bound and crying for more room now in the small pot and needs new soil that has some fresh nutrients. When you repot be sure to gently spread the existing root in the ball out a bit so the roots can easily spread/grow and breathe. Make sure the new soil is very moist (not flooded) when you first repot. Potted plants should be repotted at least every other year.

June 20, 2010 Flag

We have had a lot of rain recently and now my vegetable garden including my corn is getting light green to yellow. Is there something I should add to the soil?

By MaryS from IN

I would use Ironite or blood meal, you can get it at the garden center. We have the same problem and have tried it. It seems to be working.

Yes, check garden center for liquid iron or some other brand for it. You have washed nutrients out of the soil. You see this a lot with container planting.

December 3, 2012 Flag

Does Epsom salt affect plant growth?

By Madison from Sumter, USA

Epsom Salt is the same thing as magnesium sulfate. If you have yellowing between the veins of leaves from the bottom up on your plants or your plants lack vigor, adding this element may help. Mix one tablespoon per gallon of water into the soil. But don't over do it because it can tie up trace minerals by reducing the absorption of Calcium and Potassium. If you have alkaline soil also add one tablespoon of vinegar to the water. Tomatoes will do great if you add this when you plant them... just sprinkle some in the hole before planting.

April 16, 2005 Flag

Plant leaves that are all turning yellow need iron, available in garden centers as Ironite, not more water.

By Linda

Home and Garden Gardening Plant HealthMay 29, 2013
Lilac Bush
Lilac Leaves Turning Yellow
Potted Plants
Leaves on Potted Plants Turning Yellow
Yellow cake with chocolate frosting.
Homemade Yellow Cake Recipes
Cucumber Blooms
Cucumbers Turning Yellow
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 21, 2016 at 6:08:06 PM on 10.0.1.53 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.