Plants That Like Coffee Grounds

Which plants like coffee grounds?

Hardiness Zone: 8b

By JM Skinner from Jax, FL

Best Answer

Just to let everyone know, I have 75 tomato plants in pots. They are doing great, 3 ft. tall and growing. I used coffee grounds and organic fish and bat guano. Everything in my garden is organic, including the dirt.

I water my plants every two days in the evening and always at the same time. This is very important if you want your crop to produce. Timing is everything

Tomatoes are one.

Anything that is acid loving. Most plants that bloom, if they are delicate, give them less. Fuchsia' would be one of those.

What about hibiscus ?

Ixora plants, wegilia, Azalez-all acid plants will benefit from Coffee grounds.

Garden mint. We got a French press coffee maker. All last winter I would scrape out and empty most of the grounds, then run water in it to rinse the dregs of grounds and pour them out of the kitchen window onto the mint below. I couldn't believe my eyes when the huge deep green lucious mint came up in the spring. It was half way through the summer, and we were drinking iced mint tea like crazy, and lovin' it, when it finally dawned on me that they loved the coffee grounds that were in the dregs each day. I guess I'l leave the screen off the window :)

rainy

Do hibiscus plants thrive with coffee grounds?