Plants That Like Coffee Grounds

Which plants like coffee grounds?

Hardiness Zone: 8b

By JM Skinner from Jax, FL

Best Answer

Just to let everyone know, I have 75 tomato plants in pots. They are doing great, 3 ft. tall and growing. I used coffee grounds and organic fish and bat guano. Everything in my garden is organic, including the dirt.

I water my plants every two days in the evening and always at the same time. This is very important if you want your crop to produce. Timing is everything

I save all my used coffee grounds and egg shells in a large plastic coffee container and start before I'm ready to plant,i mix crushed egg shells with the coffee grounds into the soil then water it all until it's saturated, when the tomato plants get to be a foot or more high, I sprinkle that mix mixture around the stem area not touching the stem,that's when the plant is still small, I put in a green Miracle-Gro veggie stake in like a 5 gal bucket size I place it about 4 inches away from the stalk as the plant grows, I place it a little further away to make sure it gets too the root area and use the Miracle-Gro vegetable food in the bag and sprinkle that all around not hitting the stem as well, I've had the tallest plants I've ever seen over 11 get tall, and the biggest tomatoes, I love Brandywine Tomatoes the best, it's just my opinion, good luck

Tomatoes are one.

Anything that is acid loving. Most plants that bloom, if they are delicate, give them less. Fuchsia' would be one of those.

What about hibiscus ?

Ixora plants, wegilia, Azalez-all acid plants will benefit from Coffee grounds.

Garden mint. We got a French press coffee maker. All last winter I would scrape out and empty most of the grounds, then run water in it to rinse the dregs of grounds and pour them out of the kitchen window onto the mint below. I couldn't believe my eyes when the huge deep green lucious mint came up in the spring. It was half way through the summer, and we were drinking iced mint tea like crazy, and lovin' it, when it finally dawned on me that they loved the coffee grounds that were in the dregs each day. I guess I'l leave the screen off the window :)

rainy

Anonymous

Do hibiscus plants thrive with coffee grounds?