Poaching Eggs - Tips and Recipes

Does anyone have a fool proof method of making poached eggs?

Better Poached Eggs

Add vinegar to water while poaching eggs to keep from spreading.

By suebowman (05/16/2005)

By ThriftyFun

Poaching Eggs - Tips and Recipes

Create a whirlpool in the middle of the pot with a wooden spatula. Put egg in the middle. The swirl will hold the egg to a round shape. (05/16/2005)

By chaz

Poaching Eggs - Tips and Recipes

Any suggestions about the depth of the pot? (06/15/2005)

By cookwie

Poaching Eggs - Tips and Recipes

I tried to make "pretty" poached eggs for years with little success. Several years ago I found a microwave egg poacher at the dollar store. It works like a dream although I had to play with the time settings on my micro (I like firm yolks) but once I found what I liked there was no stopping me. Gave one to my mom-in-law and she had to adjust power setting to keep the egg from getting "rubbery". It's worth a dollar to experiment. If you have a dog, the errors will get eaten, too! (06/15/2005)

By Melody

Poaching Eggs - Tips and Recipes

I have an egg poacher I got at a thrift store. Spray the cups with pan spray before putting the eggs in, put water in the bottom, simmer covered a few minutes and they come out perfect. (06/15/2005)

By seagrape

Poaching Eggs
Farm Fresh Eggs
Cleaning Farm Fresh Eggs
Scrambled eggs are too watery.
Watery Scrambled Eggs
Cooking eggs for a large group.
Cooking Scrambled Eggs for a Large Group
Reusing Plastic Easter Eggs
Reusing Plastic Easter Eggs
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on October 18, 2016 at 2:04:30 AM on in 919 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.