Pomeranian's Coat Not Growing Back

When your pet has health issues, it is important to consult with your veterinarian. This guide is about Pomeranian's coat not growing back.

August 7, 2007 Flag

When I adopted my two Poms in June, I had to have them shaved completely because they were terribly matted and there was no way around it. My female is starting to get her wonderful coat again, but the male is just getting hair on his back ; his legs and part of his rump have hair. Is this the way it sometimes grows back? Can someone help me ease my mind? I am terribly worried that my "Rusty" will not have all his lovely coat as before. Thanks.

Kathy from VA

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

I knew a woman 2-3 years ago who had a pom with a ratty looking coat; the dog was old, had been checked by a vet, nothing wrong. She looked at skin closely, thought she saw slight inflamation around hair follicles, started to use emu oil shampoo, and then emu oil. I came by to visit after some months and thought she had bought a new pup (figuring old dog had passed). Not only was it the same dog, but she had done same for husband (bald, nearing 80) and he had fuzz all over his head. They showed me....

Where can we buy Emu shampoo and oil?

I know you can find it on Amazon, but you might want to try a few other places first. I would start with the local farmer's market and the local natural foods store. They would be the most likely places. After that, try a beauty supply store. They might also have it.

Good luck!

Is your male pom neutered? If not, then this could be the cause. Look up either a typical cushings disease, or alopecia x. Usually neutering, along with certain supplements takes care of the problem. You can obtain more information by looking up Dr. Jack Oliver at the University of Tennessee.

March 22, 2006 Flag

I have a purebred Pomeranian that seems to have problems growing her hair. I have confirmed that she is a purebred pomeranian. Are they any ways that i can encourage her hair to grow? The attached picture is not of my dog but that exactly what she looks like but with shorter hair.

Sam from Rockhampton QLD

GIVE HER RAW EGG

MAYBE SOME FLAX OIL

MIX IN HER DOG FOOD

GOOD LUCK

CONFIDE IN GOOD NUTRISTION

PET CO

CHECK IT OUT

WATCH

WHAT U FEED HER NATURAL DOG FOOD NO CHEMICAL

IN HER DOG FOOD MAKE HER HAPPY READ YA INGREIDENT GOOD DAY TO U

MAKE SURE U

READ LABEL NO ANIMAL CRUETY

Meow I KITTEN

Doggone Funny Where That Dog lol

GOOD DAY TO U!

BLACKIE- N -

SPUNKY BOY

I have a pom and her hair is coming out in patches on her back. The vet give her an allergy shot but it did not help.This has been going on since winter.

Hi. If any of you want to email me directly with your problems I will do all I can to help you with possible answers and things to try.

zoe xxx www.pommania.co.uk

i had my pom groomed about 3 months ago and it is not growing back on his back. i am going to try the omega 3 oil in his food but i see that a lot of you had this problem but didnt state as to whether it was after a cut or not. he has been neutered for about 4 years now. the last haircut i noticed it didnt grow back as fast as the rest of his hair but this time it is just not growing out at all. any help would be appreciated.

thanks,

delores

Pets Dogs HealthSeptember 18, 2013
A homemade dog coat.
Making a Dog Coat
A stack of Mexican blankets.
Making a Coat Out of a Blanket
Pomeranian puppy
Home Remedy for Pomeranian Hairballs
Fur Coat
Repairing Fur Coats
🎄