Pork and Veggies in Sweet Sauce
Make this delicious stir fried pork dish with vegetables and rice. This guide contains pork and veggies in sweet sauce
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I was supposed to show how to make Thai fried rice, but then it was too late when I realized I didn't have all the ingredients for it. I had already cooked my pork so I continued with a different recipe.
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: makes 4 servings
- 1 cup pork (sliced into strips)
- 2 steamed hotdog
- 2 cabbage leaves
- 1 red tomato
- 1 tsp margarine
- 1 cup hot steamed rice
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp water
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- menudo sauce (optional)
- chicken (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pork meat in oil until brown and crisp. Set aside.
- Slice one cabbage leaf into strips and the tomato into small cubes. Leave the other cabbage leaf for the plate.
- Slice hot dogs diagonally and set aside.
- In a bowl mix soy sauce, sugar, lemon juice and water.
- Remove oil in pan. Now, simmer soy sauce mix into the pan.
- Add menudo sauce (optional). Continue to simmer until thick.
- Add in crispy pork and chicken (optional).
- Then add the cabbage strips and tomato cubes.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir fry for 5 minutes or until evenly blended.
- On a plate, place the cabbage leaf in the center.
- Put the cup of steamed rice on top of the leaf. Then let margarine melt on top of the steaming hot rice.
- Surround the rice in leaf with hotdogs and drizzle with the pork sauce.
- Place pork and veggies on the sides and top of rice. Serve!