MiscellaneousCrafts

Portable Wall Pencil Sharpener

I enjoy adult colouring. I have a pencil sharpener that mounts on the wall, very inconvenient. My balcony was being replaced and I saw the plywood being removed and an idea struck me, portable pencil sharpener base.

Total Time: 1 hour or less

Yield: 1

1. I asked the lad if he could cut me a 12x12 piece, he did.
  2. I used 3 12x12 pieces of scrapbook paper. I took one and cut it into 4 pieces, each 3 in wide. I used those pieces to go around the edge.
  3. To cover the corners, I took each 3 inch piece folded at the 6 inch mark and then lengthwise, depending on the thickness of the plywood, to go around the corners.
  4. Use regular white glue to attach the paper to the plywood. Then glue around both sides of the plywood with the remaining 2 sheets.
  5. Attach the sharpener to the board. I attached mine in the middle at the 4 inch mark, the longer end where the handle is.

The possibilities are endless for how pretty the paper is, or you can even use some of your favourite colouring pages. Happy sharpening.