Potato Peel Snacks

Here's a way to enjoy potato peels instead of throwing them away. Scrub the potatoes before peeling. Put the peels in a linen type kitchen towel and roll up to absorb excessive moisture. I have stored the peels in the towel and put in plastic bag in the refrigerator overnight because I didn't have to time to bake them. They turned brownish orange in color but were still okay to bake.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Cover large cookie sheet(s) with foil, not necessary but is an easy clean up, add potato peels. Mix in oil to coat, salt and pepper to taste. Other spices can be added to your taste. Bake for about 5-10 minutes, stir, then bake another 5-10 minutes or until crispy brown. It is better to watch when the potatoes are baking. Different types of potatoes have a different moisture content so some may bake faster than others. If you have a lot of peels, you make have to mix more often or use more cookies sheets.

They taste like homemade potato chips. We no longer throw away the potato peels.

By Mkymlp from PA

Answers:

Potato Peel Snacks

I never thought of such a thing! Thanks I am going to try this next time I make mashed potatoes. (05/21/2009)

By MrsJim

Potato Peel Snacks

I just tried this, and it works! Thank you! (05/21/2009)

By CheapInPortland

Potato Peel Snacks

You just got my vote! Thumbs up! (05/21/2009)

By SweetCali40