Pot-bellied Pig Information and Photos

Category Large Animals
Potbelly Pig
An unusual, but very smart and fun family pet. This page contains pot-bellied pig photos and information.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

This is Petunia, she will be 8 yrs. old this July. She is a Vietnamese Potbellied Pig. We rescued her as a orphan when she was just a few days old. She likes to sunbathe in her kiddie pool and steal my husband's tools when he is outside working.

Pigs are highly intelligent, sensitive, affectionate, curious, social, and interesting beings. They can make great pets but please do your homework first as there are specific zoning requirements regarding having them and they get much larger than most people realize when they get a piglet. They need proper mental, physical, and social stimulation. Please Opt to Adopt!

By Pam S. from Denton, Texas

Petunia (Vietnamese Potbellied Pig)

Comment Like this photo? 31

Your Pet's Age
4 months old

Your Pet's Breed
Half mini pot belly half Julianna

How and when did you get your pet?
I got Phoebe from a local farm the day before Father's Day.

What does your pet like to do for fun?
Phoebe is very social, we spend lots of time down at the beach walking the boardwalk. She has many followers on her Instagram @PhoebeTheminiPigPrincess

Do you have anything else to share about your pet?
Phoebe has brought me so much joy in the short time I have had her, since I lost my mom to cancer Phoebe helps to fill the void.

Comment Like this photo? 13

Velvet is an 8 week old mini potbelly pig. Velvet's mother was not able to care for her and her brother. A friend of mine told me if I still wanted a pig to come and get them. I have a 10 month old pig already named Digby. I thought he would enjoy company. Velvet loves to run outside and spin in circles, chase her brother Johnc and the dog. She likes to have a bath because then she can have cereal in the water, she likes Cheerios. Velvet is just a sweet girl who loves to snuggle and give kisses. This is her first photo shoot.

By Connie from MN

Velvet (Mini Potbelly Pig)

Comment Like this photo? 9

John-C and Velvet are 3 days old and are Potbelly piglets. I had been wanting a young piglet to be friends with my 8 month old pig. It was a cold day here in Minnesota when a friend of mine called and said her pig just gave birth. Several of her males got out and she was afraid they would find them and eat them so I went to get one. BUT there were two; a boy and a girl. I could not leave one behind so I took them both.

Here they are! They are healthy, strong and love to play. Every day that goes by, I feel more confident they will live. They like to chase our dogs around and chase each other. It is so funny to see such a young, small creature be so happy. And boy, can they run! I love them already. I loved them when I set eyes on them.

By Connie from MN

Comment Like this photo? 9

Quincy is 4 months old. He is a miniature pot belly pig, I got him in December 2010.

He loves to run around in the back yard, head butt shoes and EAT! Quincy is the sweetest pet ever. He love to play outside but also likes to sleep indoors and spend time indoors. He's an attention hog and loves to have his belly and neck scratched.

By Brooke

Comment Like this photo? 17

Johnc is a 9 week old mini potbelly. He was given to me when his mother wouldn't care for him. He loves to bark when he sees me, he likes to chase the chickens and his sister, and dig in the dirt with his nose. He is sweet, tons of fun, and he is loved very much.

Johnc (Mini Potbelly)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 8

Sophie is my 8 year old Vietnamese Potbelly Pig. My baby loves to eat every food imaginable and snore loudly. :) Sophie is a lover, and especially loves tummy scratches!

Closeup of black and white pig.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 6

I got Digby from a friend who has potbelly pigs.

Pig lying on the floor.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 5

BettyBoots is 2 1/2 months old and is a Potbelly pig. I got her on 11-1-2005.

BettyBoots (Potbelly Pig)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

This is Velvet, the most sweetest girl. She is almost 2 years old. We love her so much. I raised her and her brother since they were 1 day old. They were orphans.

Velvet (Pig)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 5

BettyBoots (Pot Bellied Pig) Photo. BettyBoots is my 11 month old Pot Bellied Pig. I got her when she was 5 weeks old. . .

BettyBoots (Pot Bellied Pig)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

I adopted him on February 6, 2012.

spotted potbelly pig

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 4

My pot belly pig's name is Ellie. She's 8 month's old. I got her from an ad on Craigslist. She likes to chase my dogs and thinks she's a dog.

Comment Like this photo? 2

I got him in Feb 2012. He was abandand by his mama, so my friend gave me him and his sister.

Comment Like this photo? 1