Poulan Pro Riding Lawn Mower Won't Start

My 18hp Poulan pro riding mower won't start. I replaced the spark plug, both belts, fuel filter, cleaned air filter, and cleaned rust off the flywheel. It has a Craftsman engine. I could not find the 20 amp fuse although it was supposed to be attached to the wiring harness beneath the dash. I removed the muffler and checked it. I don't know what else to try. The few times it would start it would not run at full power. Any solutions? Thanks.

By clarcov08 from Memphis, TN

Answers:

If the 20 amp system fuse blows, the mower will not make a sound will not turn over nothing. If it does turn over, spray a shot of starting fluid into the carburetor and try to start. If it runs and dies, you have a fuel problem. If it does not try to start, you have a problem with the electrical system. But now you know which way to troubleshoot. Let us know which it is and we can go from there.

Jim (06/08/2009)

By jdj599

Riding Lawn Mower
Repairing a Troy-Bilt Riding Lawn Mower
Man Fixing Mower
Mower Won't Start
Man tinkering with a riding mower.
Riding Lawn Mower Won't Start
Craftsman Riding Mower
Craftsman Riding Mower Won't Start
🎄