Poulan Pro Riding Lawn Mower Won't Start

My 18hp Poulan pro riding mower won't start. I replaced the spark plug, both belts, fuel filter, cleaned air filter, and cleaned rust off the flywheel. It has a Craftsman engine. I could not find the 20 amp fuse although it was supposed to be attached to the wiring harness beneath the dash. I removed the muffler and checked it. I don't know what else to try. The few times it would start it would not run at full power. Any solutions? Thanks.

By clarcov08 from Memphis, TN

If the 20 amp system fuse blows, the mower will not make a sound will not turn over nothing. If it does turn over, spray a shot of starting fluid into the carburetor and try to start. If it runs and dies, you have a fuel problem. If it does not try to start, you have a problem with the electrical system. But now you know which way to troubleshoot. Let us know which it is and we can go from there.

Jim (06/08/2009)

By jdj599

Riding Lawn Mower
Repairing a Troy-Bilt Riding Lawn Mower
Man Fixing Mower
Mower Won't Start
Man tinkering with a riding mower.
Riding Lawn Mower Won't Start
Craftsman Riding Mower
Craftsman Riding Mower Won't Start