Lawn MowersMachines

Poulan Pro Riding Mower Won't Start

I have a Poulan Pro riding lawn mower. I had it sitting for over a year and it work great before storage. I took it out of storage and it tried to fire-up, but it wouldn't. So, I cleaned the carburetor, changed the plug, and replaced the battery. Now it won't turn over at all. I get absolutely nothing when I turn the key. I checked the fuses and it has good gas in it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Anonymous

A lawnmower mechanic showed me a little trick that has saved me many trips to the shop. He raised the "hood" on my mower and turned the engine by hand until it had passed the compression stroke, or top dead center. Just place your hands on either side of the screen and turn. If that doesn't work you might try removing the panel that covers the contact points and tap near them gently with something like a screwdriver handle. On my mower it was just below the steering wheel, near where my toes would be while mowing. Hope one of these will help.

I have a cub cadet I just love . 42 inch cut . One cut and the only thing coming on are the lights. Replaced battery,fuse,starter,spark plug. Still nothing?? please Help. Now I need a farmer to hay my yard lol

I have a 603 riding lawn mower. I had it sitting for over a year and it work great before storage. I took it out of storage and it tried to fire-up, but it wouldn't. So, I cleaned the carburetor, changed the plug, and replaced the battery. Now it won't turn over at all.

Anonymous

Same problem

Anonymous

I have john deere 300 x I turn the key to start about 5 times and it finally turns over

If you are saying that when you turn the key on, the engine does not spin, but just bumps forward a little, and does it several times before it spins and starts, you very likely need to check and reset your valve lifter settings. Find the settings for your engine in your manual or online and then check out you tube for how to accomplish the fairly simple job. You'll just need some basic tools and a feeler gauge.

I have a 17.5 HP John Deere tractor I changed the battery and starter and fuel and it still does not even click. What can be wrong?

Your switch my be bad. Check the wire going to your starter. Solenoid might be back!!

A wire came off at back of my ride on mower I put it back on but now it won't start what could be wrong

I think it needs a new battery, when they sit a long time they can stop working.