Pre-lit Tree Lights Not Working

When I plug in my pre-lit Christmas tree it only lights up one half of each section. What is wrong?

By Michelle from Riverside, CA

Answers:

Pre-lit Tree Lights Not Working

I'm not 100 % sure, but it sounds to me light one or more light bulbs might be burnt out. You need a bulb tester to check each and every bulb while the lights are plugged in.

They sell them at most stores in with the Christmas decorations. It make take awhile to find the bad bulb, so be patient. Hope this helps you. Good luck. (11/18/2009)

By luv2kraft143

Pre-lit Tree Lights Not Working

I had to use all the suggestions below to get our 5 year old tree to fully light, but worked out in the end. Replaced the suspect "white ring" safety bulbs to no avail. Bought the LightKeeper Pro, and it partially worked with the "Trigger". Used the broken circuit tester to locate the bad section, and used the trigger again in that section. Finally, they are all on. I appreciate all the information provided in the other posts. (12/01/2009)

By Warren

Pre-lit Tree Lights Not Working

I read through the posts last night and this a.m. and we tried everything. We have the LKP too, and that didn't work. We checked every bulb in the section that was out and the fuses, they were all fine. I noticed yesterday when putting the tree up that the non-replaceable bulb was dim, but it went out last night and took a strand of lights with it. As a last resort, we removed the non-replaceable bulb. We put in a standard green base bulb and now all lights are lit, except for the non-replaceable bulb socket. Fine with us. (12/06/2009)

By luketc

Pre-lit Tree Lights Not Working

I solved the problem on my tree. The "safety bulbs" appear to be a "safety" for the manufacturer so the strings will all go out eventually and force you to buy another tree. They are simply bulbs without a shunt. I was able to pull the non replaceable white bulb bases out of the sockets with pliers and dental picks and I replaced the bulbs with ones that had shunts using the same white bases, and everything works fine.

If you can't get the white bulb bases out, you could just cut the socket out of the circuit and splice the wires together. The only result will be slightly brighter lights since you've removed a little resistance from the series circuit (12/09/2007)

By Dish
(12/11/2009)

By StElmoQn

Artificial Christmas Tree
Pre-lit Christmas Tree Lights Not Working
Family Working on Hanging Outdoor Christmas Lights
Hanging Outdoor Christmas Lights
Classic Christmas Tree
Putting Lights on a Christmas Tree
Cardboard Christmas tree photo from an earlier Thriftyfun project.
Making a Cardboard Christmas Tree
Oregon Zoolights
Saving Money on Christmas Lights
🎉
🎄