Pre-lit Tree Lights Not Working

I have a pre-lit tree that has worked perfectly for 2 years, this is the third year I have put it up. Now since the warranty is out, half of the lights light up. Its not random, every other row of branches light up like stripes on my tree.

I had a friend check the electricity running through the wires, and on my tree I have splitters that have two wires going in and 4 wires coming out. Only half of every splitter is getting power. We have checked every fuse and spent hours looking at bulbs.

I have no idea what a safety light is or why this is happening? Should I just forget the lights and put new ones on or can this be fixed?

By Amanda from Richmond, KY

Pre-lit Tree Lights Not Working

I guess if you don't want to buy a new tree this year, I would recommend just putting some strings of lights on where the ones that don't work are. I always add some extra lights to my prelit tree anyway. I like more lights and it isn't so hard to add an extra string as putting several strings on. (12/19/2009)

By redhatterb

Artificial Christmas Tree
Pre-lit Christmas Tree Lights Not Working
Family Working on Hanging Outdoor Christmas Lights
Hanging Outdoor Christmas Lights
Classic Christmas Tree
Putting Lights on a Christmas Tree
Cardboard Christmas tree photo from an earlier Thriftyfun project.
Making a Cardboard Christmas Tree
Oregon Zoolights
Saving Money on Christmas Lights