Pressure Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage
Vote for this contest contender!
I made this for St. Paddy's Day since the sales were fabulous, but you can make this any time of year. From what I've read, leftovers freeze very well. I don't think I'm going to have any leftovers to freeze:)
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 95 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 50 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
Source: Instant Pot Facebook Group
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 4 cups water
- 2 1/2 - 3 lb corned beef brisket, with spice packet
- 3 cups baby carrots
- 2 lb red potatoes, cut in small wedges
- 1 head green cabbage, cut in wedges
- (Optional) Rinse the beef if you are concerned it will be too salty.
- Put 4 cups of water and a trivet into the cooker.
- Add the beef, fat side up. Sprinkle the contents of spice packet over beef, and top with the 4 cloves of garlic.
- Pressure cook on high for 90 minutes, and quick release.
- While beef is cooking, cut the vegetables.
- Remove the beef and set on a platter. Cover with foil and let it rest.
- Remove the trivet from the cooker but leave the liquid in. Add the potatoes, carrots and cabbage. Cook on high pressure 5-6 minutes and do a quick release.
- Serve and enjoy.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!