Preventing Cats from Tearing Window Screens

Category Cats
cat looking through screen
Window screens can not stand up to your kitty clawing at it whether she is trying to get the bird outside or trying to ask to come in. This is a guide about preventing cats from tearing through window screens.

My grown cat keeps climbing on my window screens, wanting to come in the house. Any suggestions of how to keep the cat from climbing and tearing my screens with her claws?

By Vguy

Best Answer

Spritz her with water every time she climbs. Insert the glass for a while and hope she forgets, spray some of the stuff that nurseries carry to deter pets onto the screen.

Best Answer

You could try perfume sprayed on the screen, most cats don't like perfume. Or find a scent the cat is deterred by. You can even leave a scent soaked paper towel in the window. Serves two purposes deters cat and adds a nice scent to your home.

I'm taking care of 2 strays. I even had them fixed, but one of the cats keeps getting in the window and tearing the screen outside. How do I stop her from getting in the outside windows?

You can install trellises over the screens. Large home stores have pt-proof screens.

There are commercial products you can apply to deter them, such as coyote or fox urine or havaheart, paws off......

Home Depot has clear polystyrene panels for under $10 you can cut to size and put over the screens

You could purchase an expandable screen so they do not get to your original screen.

Cats do not like scents - so you could spray something on your screen..