Preventing Mildew On a Shower Curtain

Bathroom shower curtains/liners are usually a source of mold and mildew. To help eliminate this problem, keep the wet curtains/liners away from the bathtub so it thoroughly dries. I bought self-stick plastic clips and attached them sideways, towards the middle and near the edge of the facing shower wall. When done showering, clip each side of the curtain high enough that the curtains do not touch any wet part of the tub. I recommend 3M self-stick removable clips. They are a bit more money but easily removable if the need ever occurs.

Another way to help eliminate the mold/mildew problem is to trim the hem off the bottom of the curtain/liner. The hem usually holds excessive water and will take longer to dry and that is usually where the mold and mildew starts to grow. I have trimmed a polyester shower liner; while it did fray a bit, it did not create a problem.

By mkymlp from NE, PA

Answers:

Preventing Mildew On a Shower Curtain

If you buy one of the new lightweight fabric shower curtains you can slip it off and wash it every week. I wash mine with the rings on and slip it back on the rod. They last forever and are not cold and brittle like the plastic ones. I have two. One for the outside of the tub and one on the inside. (08/12/2010)

By Ann Parker

Preventing Mildew On a Shower Curtain

Why go to all that trouble. I just wash mine in bleach and detergent every so often and hang it right back up. Dries in the tub. No mold or mildew for me! (08/13/2010)

By xintexas

Preventing Mildew On a Shower Curtain

Thanks. This will help me. Our area is very humid. Mold and mildew tend to grow fast. There is five in the house, sometimes some of them shower twice a day. I usually wash my shower liner once a month but this will keep the yuckies off for the time being. We only have window air conditioners so the bathroom doesn't get dried out fast. We hope to get central air in the future. Thanks for the tip. (08/14/2010)

By HappyPappy

Preventing Mildew On a Shower Curtain
Cleaning up Mildew From Wood
Removing Mildew from Wood
Photo of a tent set up in the woods.
Removing Mildew from a Tent
Cleaning a Shower Curtain
Cleaning a Shower Curtain
Shower Enclosure
Cleaning a Shower Enclosure
🎉
🎄