Preventing Wax Residue in Candle Holders

Cleaning the wax residue out of your candle holders is not a fun task. This is a guide about preventing wax residue in candle holders.

November 9, 2010 Flag

I used to have the kindest neighbor who I would visit often. She always had everything decorated so nicely, and she always had candles burning. She told me that she always put a little bit of water in the bottom of the glass votive before putting her candle in to prevent the wax from sticking to glass votive and she was right!

Source: My older kind neighbor

This is also a good idea for fire prevention by keeping a glass candle holder from possibly breaking and spreading fire when the candle burns down to the bottom. ;-)

I do this all the time, works great.

This is a great tip! Thank you! Usually, after the candle has burnt down, I soak the votive in very hot and soapy water for about 5 minutes and the remaining wax residue slides right out!

I thank you, Beth, and everyone who as "enlightened" this wonderful tip.

September 23, 2011 Flag

If you're going to put a candle in a glass holder, put a few drops of water down into the glass before you burn it. When the candle melts it won't stick to the glass, and will be easy to remove.

Home and Garden Cleaning MiscellaneousNovember 7, 2015
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
Man Removing Wax From Laminate Flooring
Removing Wax From Laminate Flooring
candle
Cleaning Candle Wax from Upholstery
Glass frog pencil holders.
Unique Pencil Holders
🎄