Preventing Wax Residue in Candle Holders

Category Miscellaneous
Cleaning the wax residue out of your candle holders is not a fun task. This is a guide about preventing wax residue in candle holders.

I used to have the kindest neighbor who I would visit often. She always had everything decorated so nicely, and she always had candles burning. She told me that she always put a little bit of water in the bottom of the glass votive before putting her candle in to prevent the wax from sticking to glass votive and she was right!

Source: My older kind neighbor

This is a great tip! Thank you! Usually, after the candle has burnt down, I soak the votive in very hot and soapy water for about 5 minutes and the remaining wax residue slides right out!

If you're going to put a candle in a glass holder, put a few drops of water down into the glass before you burn it. When the candle melts it won't stick to the glass, and will be easy to remove. This works great for the small candles in tea lamps.

By Maile from Onalaska, WA

Anonymous

All you have to do is put them in the freezer when you're done not even an hour if there's nothing left and whatever is in there will pop right out of there when they're done!