Preventing a Cat from Spraying

I was just wondering if anyone knew of a home remedy to prevent my male cat from spraying. I can't get him neutered until the end of April and the smell is killing me.

I found some remedies for cleanup, but I think they sell sprays in stores to prevent it. Also, any input on other recipes for cleanup would be helpful. All the ones I found involve white vinegar, water, baking soda, peroxide, and dish liquid. Thanks.

By Beth from Martinsburg, WV

Answers:

Preventing a Cat from Spraying

I have a male cat with the same problem. I have used Comfort Zone with feliway with great success. There is a spray and a diffuser. I liked the spray best, but it works best with both together. It is pricey and can be purchased from many of the big pet sites on the internet. It is made by Farmam. Just follow the directions. It really works. (02/02/2010)

By Lizzyanny

Preventing a Cat from Spraying

This may sound weird, but dilute vinegar with water and spray the areas where he is spraying and it helps. They hate the smell of it. Also, could be a UTI and that's his way of telling you. If it is that, then it cannot go untreated because it could cause blockage and if that happens it's over a thousand dollars to get fixed and they'll need surgery. That still doesn't always work. A friend of mine spent 3 grand and still had to put the cat down. (03/19/2010)

By kricket143