Previously House Trained Dog Has Started Peeing in House

My Irish Wolfhound has always been nervous he is 2 years old and we have had him from a puppy. He is a big softy, but has started to pee in the house in front of us. He seems like something has scared him. We cannot see what if anything has scared him. We have tried not to tell him off as he seems so scared and shakes. He seems anxious, but I am with him nearly all the time as I do not work. I wonder if anyone can help me with this. Thank you in advance.

By Trudi from England

Answers:

He may need more exercise. It sounds like he is peeing as a result of pent up energy/anxiety. If the exercise doesn't solve it, then it might be an illness (like bladder infection) and should be checked out. (07/15/2010)

By jgama

My Greyhound started doing that and for a long time I thought that she just couldn't hold it anymore because of her age. However, it turned out to be a cancerous tumor in her abdomen. I had to put her to sleep. Get your dog to a vet and bring along a urine sample, too.
To catch the urine take a soup ladle when she/he squats and catch it. (07/15/2010)

By gloria

Previously house trained dog.
Previously House Trained Dog Peeing Indoors
Previously House Broken Dog Has Started Pooping in the House
House Trained Dog Pooping Inside
dog laying on a white couch
Dog Peeing Inside When Lying Down
Litter Box
Cat Peeing Outside Litter Box
guilty dog
Dog Peeing and Pooping Inside
🎉
🎄