Previously House Trained Dog Has Started Peeing in House

I have Pit Bull puppy; he is a good dog. The thing about him is he use to go to the bathroom outside all the time never inside, but now when I go and get him to take him out he will start peeing everywhere. I don't know why he is doing this and I can't have this. I'm having a baby in October and I can't have that going on. So if someone can help me find out why he is doing this or help me so he won't do this, I would be so happy. I don't want to find a new home for him it will kill me. Please help.

By Rachel from Allegan, MI

Answers:

It sounds like either you are waiting to long to take him out and his bladder just can't hold it any longer or he's excited and pees or submissive. Whatever the situation you need to figure out the cause so you can address it. Good luck

For example:
Take him out more often. If it's excitement then stay very calm and quite towards him until he goes out, then praise him. If it's submissive then you will really have to work to make him more comfortable and confident. Lots of reassurance and love. (09/15/2010)

By katie25

Wow! so your only solution is to find him a new home if he doesn't stop the peeing, are you going to do the same with you new baby if he/she pees in the house? This is what comes with owning a pet, it's not a car that you can return if it doesn't work. You have to be consistent in letting him out or maybe more often than you usually do, since he's a puppy he's still learning. Just like a child you have to be consistent that's the only way they will learn, and remember to be overly vocal on praising him every time he goes outside. Then he will know that going outside is a good thing, but do not scold him when he goes in the house, especially when you don't see him actually do it. He will not know why your mad at him after the fact. Just work on taking him out more often. Good luck. He's just a baby too. (09/30/2010)

By CHEESE67

One aspect, immediately when you said "puppy" I thought of my 1 year old Chihuahua who even after a year of being house trained, sometimes if I am away, or if I go to pick him up, he pees. Also, when my fiance picks him up, he sometimes pees. Honestly, since you are his caretaker, he may get overstimulated by your presence. If his bladder is completely full, and he gets excited, he will pee. My advice to you is to take him out more frequently, and limit his water intake. It sounds like you need to take him out more often, or if you can't take him out for a long period of time, when you do take him out, allow him to be out for an hour or so. (11/02/2010)

By PreciselyUnique87

Previously house trained dog.
Previously House Trained Dog Peeing Indoors
Previously House Broken Dog Has Started Pooping in the House
House Trained Dog Pooping Inside
dog laying on a white couch
Dog Peeing Inside When Lying Down
Litter Box
Cat Peeing Outside Litter Box
guilty dog
Dog Peeing and Pooping Inside
🎄