Previously House Trained Dog Has Started Peeing in House

I have a 3 year old Yorkie. We just moved from Florida to Pennsylvania. We have a fenced in yard that he will potty in. Lately when we go out we have been coming home to accidents. It has been more frequent each time we go out. If I don't jump out of bed in the morning he will go in the house, as well. Should I start to crate him again when we go out?

By Frushon from Wilkes-Barre, PA

Answers:

I had a Husky years ago that was house trained as well and started to have accidents. He was about 5 years old at time. I asked about it at the vet next time and I found out he had urinary tract infection just like people. They gave me medicine and it stopped right away. Vinegar also helps to get rid of scent so they are not encouraged to go there again. Hope it helps. (04/24/2009)

By ssjb33

I'd take the little fellow to the vet as soon as possible. He may have a bladder or kidney infection, or it may be his prostate. During the day, give him as much (non salted) liquid as possible to help flush out any infection. Also, wet food is better than dry food because they get more liquids from wet. First rule out a medical issue before anything else.

If you can't afford a trip to the vet you can sometimes buy little pH type strips that will show if he's got an infection. These are sold for cats. I've seen them at Walmart. I bet you could buy them online at a vet supply if you can't find them in your area. A trip to the vet is best if you can possibly afford it. If a bladder infection goes into his kidneys, you'll have a much bigger problem. Please don't wait. (04/24/2009)

By Cyinda

Previously house trained dog.
Previously House Trained Dog Peeing Indoors
Previously House Broken Dog Has Started Pooping in the House
House Trained Dog Pooping Inside
dog laying on a white couch
Dog Peeing Inside When Lying Down
Litter Box
Cat Peeing Outside Litter Box
guilty dog
Dog Peeing and Pooping Inside
🎄