Previously House Trained Dog Has Started Peeing in House

I have a 7 month old Boston Terrier. He has been potty trained (pee's outside), but not poopy trained. Strangely he would pee on anything in the house up till about a month ago. Well yesterday he started peeing and pooping on our chair in the living room. I am unsure what has caused him to start doing this. Nothing in our household has changed. Anyone have any ideas?

By gretchgirl from San Mateo, CA

By Robyn Fed

Is he neutered? This is about the age unneutered males start feeling their testosterone. If not neutered, get it done right away, you are already 5 months past due unless you will be showing him. (09/09/2009)

By Chiismychi

I would say adult hormones are kicking in and he is marking the chair. I would advise crate and lead training him. Google the crate training and you will get lots of instruction. The lead training is easy. When he is in the house make certain he is on a short lead and tied to a heavy piece of furniture near where you are. This creates a "den" feeling and they are less likely to soil this area. Also be sure that you are taking him outside enough, because if you aren't accidents will continue to happen. Remember you are the pack leader and he will respond to what you show him. (09/09/2009)

By lostinthe

I would take him to the Vet for neutering and a check-up ASAP.

Jennifer from northern VA (09/16/2009)

By ILuvDobes

Previously house trained dog.
Previously House Trained Dog Peeing Indoors
Previously House Broken Dog Has Started Pooping in the House
House Trained Dog Pooping Inside
dog laying on a white couch
Dog Peeing Inside When Lying Down
Litter Box
Cat Peeing Outside Litter Box
guilty dog
Dog Peeing and Pooping Inside