Primer Stains on Clothing

I let my friend borrow a sweatshirt that I had bought in R.I, she was painting with primer and was worried about getting it on her clothes. The man she was with told her that the primer would come out and she didn't need to worry. Unfortunately, the primer did not come out and I am stuck with white splotches all over my red hoodie. It's been dry for about 2 weeks. Will anything take it out?

Taylor from Vermont

Primer Stains on Clothing

Is the primer water based or oil based? If it is water based, you might try hair conditioner or liquid fabric softener. I have heard that soaking paint brushes in either of these two will soften the paint to the point of removal. I would suggest you let the item soak in either product for at least over night. Then gently rub the stained areas, rinse and repeat the gentle rubbing. If the stain is still there, soak again and repeat the next day. You may even try gently scrubbing the stains after soaking, with a nail brush. Good luck. (06/08/2007)

By hedera

Primer Stains on Clothing

Rubbing alcohol and some elbow grease. (06/08/2007)

By momma30

Primer Stains on Clothing
Kilz Primer
Kilz Primer and Paint Reviews
sweat stain on dark clothing
Removing Underarm Sweat Stains from Clothing
Man Holding Burger with Mustard Stain on his Tie
Removing Mustard Stains from Clothing
sweat stain on dark clothing
Perspiration Stains on Dark Clothing