Printing a Web Page

Category Printers
Printing just what you want off of the internet can take some practice. This guide is about printing a web page.

I love to find recipes and projects on the Internet. However, I like easy! Many times I want to print something out that is very short and does not take up a whole sheet. What I do is copy and paste into Word and keep adding to it until I have a whole page and then print the whole thing out. It saves paper and I don't have so much to keep up with!

By Jacqui

I do the same thing. I have a document file saved for just about anything. One is "Recipes to print" another is "crafts", and on and on. When I get a full page, or especially if I get two full pages, I print just the first page, flip the paper over and print page two on the back of the page one I've just printed. Saves paper in a big way!!

I hope someone can help me. Sometimes when I print something out, the print is so small. It doesn't come out like it shows on the page. I don't know if I changed something or what but it never use to do that. How can I make it print like it shows on the website?

Vicky from Canadensis, PA

Best Answer

If you are printing from a website, look at your PRINT PROPERTIES to make sure that the "fit to page" box is not checked. This will come up in a box when you click the print command. If it is checked, then uncheck it. Another solution would be to click File, then Save as, and then save the file to your hard drive. Then click File, then print, and it will print it exactly the way it looks on your hard drive.

Best Answer

Another thing you can do, is click the "preferences" button when your print screen pops up. Then click "effects" from the top row of choices. It should give you an option of increasing the size of the print from 100% to 110, 120, or whatever amount you put into the box.

Best Answer

Also, click the "VIEW" category at top of menu screen and click "TEXT SIZE" and then click the desired size you want.

My son is a technician and would like to know what printer you have, he then should be able to help you

Hi, while on web page go to the top where it says VIEW

About the 8th item down it should say text size. This is how big you want it to view when you are looking. You have 5 choices of size. Usually it is set on medium.

Making this larger will make your print larger

Some web pages have where you can increase the size (recipe pages,craft pages, etc)

OR click GO TO EDIT at the top, Click SAVE ALL

Take this to an CREATE MAIL MESSAGE on your outlook express. Drop it there, Send it to yourself--This is the fastest way I send things from webpages to myself, rather than save the webpage, etc.

Joyce

How can I print part of a web page without having to cut and paste to a Word document?

By weinerdog41 from Ft. Worth, TX

Answer Was this helpful? 1

Nowadays a lot of web sites use hidden software features to make doing selective printing impossible without copy/paste.

However, some sites still permit it (but make it tricky, use the tip I suggest to find out), and/or software on your particular computer may be able to override the block - try highlighting just the section you want to print, and then right click to see if you can chose 'print selection' as a print option.

If you can, great! If not, you're stuck with copy/paste. Annoying, I know, but at least most blocks can be worked around one way or the other.

I prefer copy and paste as I want to: A, avoid all the superfluous stuff on the top, bottom and sides.

B, I save ink.

Think of it as always working, always cheap and that might make it nicer to take the time.

If you are trying to capture a photo, right click and chose "copy image", then save it to a word doc. If the image is too large, right click on the image and you will find little shapes along the sides, bottom and top and corners. Click on the bottom right corner and drag your corner to the opposite corner, seeing the image get smaller. Then, go back and copy the text, then paste it close to the image.

At this point, you can right click on the image, and when the menu appears, chose "wrap" then "tight" and your words come up to the top right of your image, then down and then at the bottom.

I save a ton of recipes like this and it is easy peasy!

Play around with word...you might like it more than you think.