Privacy Window Treatment Ideas

I live in a 1st floor apartment with windows an 3 sides of my living room. I would like to be able to sit on my couch at night watching TV or reading and still be able to glance out the window, but not have people walking by on the street able to see in. I also would like to be able to leave the bedroom blind open at night and not feel people are "peeping". What type of product do I need to be able to see out, but will keep people from seeing in? Something that is removable and leaves no stickiness, preferably.

By Gayle from Rochester, NY

Answers

I recently read a magazine article in an outdated Woodworking magazine about film that is sold now for windows. The films come in different patterns or plain. Some have a detail at the bottom. The one they showed had a duck for a bathroom. But the plastic window film described in the article gave the look of frosted glass, but it could be removed at a later date. I think that makes it perfect for a rental property.

I thought they looked rather classy. I believe the article said they were sold at stores like Lowes or Home Depot, but I'd be sure to check online, too.

Good luck

SUN Screens you can see out but they can't see in could just get the fabric and double side tape from the inside