Problems Making Fudge

How do I get my marshmallow fudge to set up?

By Linda from E Wenatchee, WA

Answers:

Problems Making Fudge

Make sure too that the sugar you are using is for candy making. There are some granulated sugars that cannot be used for this purpose, and it should state that on the bag. I made that mistake just one, with a cheaper sugar, so now I use nothing, but a good, name brand sugar. (12/23/2009)

By Donna624

Problems Making Fudge

Did you cook the evaporated milk and sugar to softball stage 240 degrees? I usually cook the sugar and milk at a rolling boil for 5 minutes and that does the trick for me.

If your fudge hasn't set up 1 thing you can do is melt a 12 oz bag of chocolate chips in a double boiler and mix in the unset fudge and pour it all back into a buttered dish to set up or use the runny stuff for ice cream topper.
(12/23/2009)

By BABBIE

Problems Making Fudge

Don't make candy on a humid day, this affects the way candy turns out. Make sure the sugar, marshmallow creme, evaporated milk mixture cooks for at least 5 min., then remove from the heat and add your chocolate chips, vanilla, and nuts are stirred in. Should be fine. Fudge should not be put in the refrigerator. Go to fantasy fudge, it's the best ever. (05/21/2010)

By lindarob213

Problems Making Fudge

I put mine back in a clean pan and put heat on medium. If it is peanut butter fudge stir almost continually until it again boils. Peanut butter may stick to bottom of pan. Take off stove and put pan in a sink with cold water and occasionally stir a bit to see it is thickening. After about 15 minutes you can "beat the fudge" and put in a buttered pan. I should "re-set." Worked great for me! (12/07/2010)

By suzyt123

Problems Making Fudge
Easy Fudge Recipes
Easy Fudge Recipes
Peanut butter fudge made with cake frosting and peanut butter.
Cake Frosting Fudge Recipes
Maple Fudge
Maple Fudge Recipes
Old-Fashioned Chocolate Fudge
Old-Fashioned Chocolate Fudge Recipes
🎉
🎄