Product Review: Lock & Lock Storage Containers

A Frugal, Green-Living Food Tip and Product Review:

As you can see, I had a difficult time deciding exactly what category in which to list this tip. After reading this, perhaps you'll understand why.

It started with a Friday night dinner at a friend's house. As she was putting the salad together I remarked that I didn't know how she had worked all day and was then able to cut up all the veggies so quickly. Her secret is "Lock & Lock" reusable storage containers. She said she had done it all on Sunday! Usually one thinks of brown-edged, limp lettuce, but this was as fresh as if she had just prepared it. She purchased her set(s) from a TV shopping program.

I discovered them at JC Penney and waited for a sale. I have two sets and am planning to buy more. They come in various sizes and shapes. You can buy a set or just what you think you'll use the most. They are freezer safe. I keep several of my empty whipped topping, margarine, etc. containers in a bin in a storage area for sending leftovers home with family and friends; otherwise, that jumble of mis-matched plastic that flows out of your cabinets is thrown into the re-cycle bin.

I have a head of lettuce in one that has been in there for well over a week and it is as fresh as it was when I put it in there. Another good use I've made of them is to store the facial cleansing towels and diaper wipes because I have had too many to dry out before I could use them up.

I have tried similar products, but they don't perform as well as these.

By Sandy from Elon, NC

Answers:

Product Review: Lock and Lock Storage Containers

I completely agree. These containers are great! You can get them at Walmart now, probably a bit cheaper then JC Penney. (05/13/2009)

By lady jewls

Lock and Lock's are wonderful. I have purchased several sets from QVC and use them for everything. I have one with a handle that I keep crayons and markers - one for my homemade laundry soap - craft and sewing items. Nothing spills. Of course, they are in daily use for food storage. Well worth the $$ and they are really good quality. (05/13/2009)

By jrringg

I too love them! I bought my first ones at QVC then found some at Wally World (aka:Walmart). The best storage containers I have ever used, and believe it or not my husband doesn't mind me buying them as he loves them also. I am emptying out my cupboards of the other stuff I have. The fact they don't stain either is a definite plus. Whether it it is being used for food, craft items or what not the money saved is great. (05/13/2009)

By simplefreedom

Are these plastic containers? (05/13/2009)

By Teresa Kay

I guess I can't tell from pictures of these containers what is so great about them. I can see some kind of thing that goes down. Someone please explain to me. Thanks. GayLynn (05/14/2009)

By derco

I love these plastic containers. I purchased a set through QVC that included an egg keeper. This is great especially for households with small children. The egg keeper securely holds a dozen eggs. I suggest that you allow them to air dry the lids. (05/14/2009)

By linex_4

Had never heard of them until this post. Went to Walmart in search of them last night and bought a ton of them. I bought a head of lettuce too, just to test them out. Being a vegetarian I am constantly buying veggies, and then having to throw them out when they go bad. I am so glad you made this post. (05/16/2009)

By TheBrat