Pruning a Jasmine Plant

I have had my jasmine plants all over Texas. They are now in a colder climate and are no longer flowering all year long. I need to know when is the best time of year to prune them and how far down I should cut. They are in large buckets and are growing upward on a six foot trellis. They are looking pretty sad. Please help.

Randy from Abaline, TX

Pruning a Jasmine Plant

I live in an association complex and we have the worst gardeners. They insist on pruning every leaf off every plant including the Jasmine ground cover. They pruned the Jasmine down to the rootball. Isn't that an overkill, especially since it took 8 years to cover the dirt? (01/24/2009)

By Ms. Sunshine

A Flowering Jasmine Bush
Growing Jasmine
Pruning a Rhododendron
Pruning a Rhododendron
Pruning a Hedge
Pruning a Hedge
Dracaena Tree
Pruning a Dracaena or Dragon Tree
Picture of Jasmine from Aladdin.
Making a Princess Jasmine Costume (Aladdin)