Puppies With Worms

My puppies have worms. How do I get rid of them? Is there any home remedies?

Heather From Modesto, CA

Puppies With Worms

My cat had them, it is so gross! I tried a $3.00 medication from the store, it did not work. I hate to tell you this: you are better off going to the vet, tapeworms will eventually kill the puppies, not to mention they fall from their "bum" all over your house! The good news: Worms need a host, meaning humans cannot get worms unless ingested alive. Then you can give them Revolution ($15.00) to keep it from coming back. Revolution is cheaper than Frontline and prevents more than just fleas. When I found that out I asked "why would anyone buy Frontline then?"
Well good luck with your messy situation. I feel your pain, and remember that feeling in my throat when I first saw a tapeworm. I am so sorry:-( (04/21/2007)

By Starchild in VT

Puppies With Worms

We had a litter of puppies and they had every kind of worm there was. Some like spaghetti, some like rice, and some that actually crawled away. Yikes! The vet have them meds and shots and cleared the mess up. Until you get rid of the worms, they can pass them to other dogs and drop them around. I don't know of any home remedy to get rid of puppy worms. Dogs are expensive, like adopting a child. (04/23/2007)

By Stngray

Puppies With Worms

Tape worm medication is a completely different dewormer than the one used for round worms (spaghetti looking one), these are the intestinal parasites that are visible without a microscope. Round worm and Hook worm are zoonotic, meaning we CAN get them from pets. this is especially true for babies crawling on the floor. They may pick up an invisible egg on the floor (even though you cleaned the area after an accident) and then of course put their hands in their mouths. I work at a vet's and the scariest thing is that round worm can migrate to the eyes of a child and cause them to become blind in that eye.

I think it's awful this isn't televised. The last post that said why not Revolution had a good point the reason behind not using this product exclusively is: It does a variety of things, but not as good as products designed for that purpose. It is especially good for cats, as it does kill the "worms", (but not tapeworm, the dried up ones that resemble rice), ear mites, and mange, but is not a good dewormer for dogs. (04/24/2007)

By fruitk8

Puppies With Worms

Buy the cheapest one at the grocery store or check you local hardware store (rural areas) they still carry pet supplies like the old days! Thank God. (04/28/2007)

By Denise

Organic Remedy for Puppies With Worms

Food grade diatomaceous earth is a natural organic wormer. Provided the puppy isn't infested with fleas (for which food grade diatomaceous earth naturally dehydrates as well), it will eliminate tapeworms. Just put it in the daily food. Note, if the puppy continues to have fleas, it will continue to have tapeworms.

It works much safer than chemical wormers and worms can't develop immunity to it as they are doing to the traditional wormers.

retail stores: http://wolfcreekranch1.tripod.com/de_retailers.html

By Happy Pets

Chihuahua Puppy
Treating a Puppy With Worms
Worm in the Lawn
Getting Rid of Worms in the Lawn
growing tomatoes
Worms Eating Tomatoes
Remedies for Worms in Cats
A worm on pavement.
Getting Rid of Worms On Your Driveway