Puppy Has Worms

My dog had worms. I think they are tape worms, but I am not sure. They are small and very flat. We treated her about a week ago and today she went poop and it came out all gooey and there was blood in it. Is that normal? Thanks.

By titekilyz003 from Canada

Answers:

Puppy Has Worms

All the worms come out after you give a dog the medicine, but I'm not sure about the blood. It wouldn't hurt to call the vet and ask. (04/06/2009)

By Wendopolis

Puppy Has Worms

There are different treatments for different worms and some require two different treatments to kill both active worms and the larvae or eggs. Treating a sick animal shouldn't be guesswork.

Bloody stool is "not" normal ever for any kind of animal including dogs and humans. Get the dog to a vet. Enough blood in the stool can cause anemia or worse. Even fleas can eat enough blood on a pup to kill them from anemia. You can get their shots and spay/neuter done or at least scheduled when you're there. (04/07/2009)

By dh8

Puppy Has Worms
Worm in the Lawn
Getting Rid of Worms in the Lawn
growing tomatoes
Worms Eating Tomatoes
Chihuahua Puppy
Treating a Puppy With Worms
cat
Remedies for Worms in Cats
🎉
🎄