Puppy Has Worms

My dog had worms. I think they are tape worms, but I am not sure. They are small and very flat. We treated her about a week ago and today she went poop and it came out all gooey and there was blood in it. Is that normal? Thanks.

By titekilyz003 from Canada

Puppy Has Worms

All the worms come out after you give a dog the medicine, but I'm not sure about the blood. It wouldn't hurt to call the vet and ask. (04/06/2009)

By Wendopolis

Puppy Has Worms

There are different treatments for different worms and some require two different treatments to kill both active worms and the larvae or eggs. Treating a sick animal shouldn't be guesswork.

Bloody stool is "not" normal ever for any kind of animal including dogs and humans. Get the dog to a vet. Enough blood in the stool can cause anemia or worse. Even fleas can eat enough blood on a pup to kill them from anemia. You can get their shots and spay/neuter done or at least scheduled when you're there. (04/07/2009)

By dh8

Puppy Has Worms
Worm in the Lawn
Getting Rid of Worms in the Lawn
growing tomatoes
Worms Eating Tomatoes
Chihuahua Puppy
Treating a Puppy With Worms
Remedies for Worms in Cats
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on October 22, 2016 at 2:30:37 AM on in 914 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.