Puppy Peeing Everywhere

I have a 6 week old dog, i've been with him only 2 weeks. I don't know how to control dog peeing. My little dog is peeing everywhere. Please tell me that how to control my dog's peeing.

Thank you,
Kina from Tuggerah

Answers:

Puppy Peeing Everywhere

Crate training is the only way to go, with a little bit of time and effort, following these guidlines the pup will be trained in no time.

(08/24/2006)

By MJJJOY

Puppy Peeing Everywhere

A puppy should never be taken from its mother before 8 weeks. If yours is only 6 weeks, and has been away from mama for 2, you will have to crate train or keep a careful eye on him when he isn't in the crate. At 6 weeks he doesn't have the ability to control his bladder yet. As he gets a little older, this will come with careful training. Walk him after every meal, more often if needed, and praise him when he goes. Take him to the same spot to urinate when you take him out, as he will smell his previous urine and get the idea. Do not scold or punish when he has an "accident" in the house, and clean up these spots with an odor neutralizer immedialely, or he will keep going in that area. There are lots of articles and books on potty training for pups. Be patient, and consistent, and positive when he does the right thing. Treats when he goes potty in the right place outdoor are a good thing, as well as lots of petting, praise, etc. (08/24/2006)

Puppy Peeing Everywhere

At this early age, he does not know where to go, he will need a lot of patience and love. If you devote an entire weekend to training just him, you will never regret it. Each time he looks for a spot, he wants to pee, and take him gently outside, let him do it. Praise him and take him back in. It will be worth spending the time with your puppy, he needs lots of love and patience. At this very early age, never strike your puppy, it only confuses him. He needs lots and lots of love. (08/24/2006)

By Sue

Puppy Peeing Everywhere

You do need to clean the areas where he's already gone or else he'll return to them - even if you can't smell it he can. You can use baking soda in water - make sure you wet a larger area than what you can see as it spreads under carpet - blot up

OR hydrogen peroxide (make sure colorfast fabric) this I use in a spray bottle undiluted & then blot up.

OR Vinegar will also cut the smell again apply & blot up.

Use one of these even on hardwood floors as the smell will penetrate, we've had to use on furniture for a pup that had an excitable bladder - everytime he got real happy to see you he piddled - we finally got him to stop by using a trainer who trained us that we need to come home & ignore him for 15-20 minutes by reading mail or changing clothes then love him up. It worked amazingly well, we had to train all visitors to ignore him too this was the hard part! Just imagine someone greeting a cocker who immediately rolls to back & pees straight up in the air - always hitting the person's leg or worse!!

(08/24/2006)

By msnow

Puppy Peeing Everywhere

When your puppy wakes up from a nap, take him immediately outside. This is usually when puppies pee. You'll see; he'll pee shortly after you have him outside! He'll get used to being outside for a pee, and will be going to the door to go out before you know it. I had my pup at 6 weeks too, and I don't even think it was 3 weeks and she was going outside all the time! (08/26/2006)

By carolb

Puppy Peeing Everywhere

I am a dog breeder. your puppy is very young and it will pee a lot. You need to let that puppy out every 20 minutes. It is like poddie training a toddle on the toilet. The puppy does not have bladder control. And do yourself a favor, do not use the wee wee pads, all you are teaching the puppy is that ist is okay to pee in the house. That is the worse iea anyone came up with. (08/29/2006)

Puppy Peeing Everywhere

Yep - crate training is the way to go! I've used it with every single dog I've ever had. (08/29/2006)

By mef1957

Puppy Peeing Everywhere
puppy in crate
Puppy Pees in Crate
Dog Standing on Carpet
Preventing a Dog From Peeing on Carpet and Rugs
Litter Box
Cat Peeing Outside Litter Box
guilty dog
Dog Peeing and Pooping Inside
🎉
🎄