Purple Candle Wax out of Tablecloth

How do I get Purple candle wax out of a purple tablecloth? Everyone says don't iron colored candle wax as it will set the stain. So what do I do?

Debbie Goetz

Answers:

Purple Candle Wax out of Tablecloth

Several years ago I had this problem. I used the same process I have always used to remove candle wax from tablecloths or carpets. Place the cloth in the freezer overnight to freeze the wax. Next day lay the cold tablecloth on a counter or table so it lays flat. Very carefully use a butter knife to remove any wax you can. Use the flat side not the blade. After you have gotten out all you can with the knife, place a piece of brown grocery sack on top of the stain and then a clean white cloth on top of that. Heat your iron to the LOWEST setting. In slow stokes go over the cloth over the sack. Change the sack often and Don't press hard on the iron. It will take a little time but it should all come out. Wash in COLD water the first time and examine in front of a window to see if all the wax has been removed before drying. It worked for me. Good Luck (03/23/2005)

By walker

Purple Candle Wax out of Tablecloth

I dripped hot red candle wax down the front of my shirt and I poured Lestoil on it and washed it in the wash and it all came out completly, the stuff is great. You can buy it at Krogers. (04/10/2005)

By Denise

Tablecloth Dress
Making a Tablecloth Dress
Grape juice that is splashing out of the cup.
Removing Grape Juice Stains from a Tablecloth
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
Two Lit Candles in the Dark
Cleaning Candle Wax from a Tablecloth
🎄