Puto looks more like a muffin. It is a Filipino snack that is traditionally made of rice. It is fluffy, soft and sweet.
Puto cheese is simply puto topped with cheese but this kind of puto is now made of all purpose flour instead of rice. And the usual puto cheese is topped with a single strip of cheese but in my own version. I use grated cheese because I think it makes it tastier.
Find out how simple it is to make a puto cheese.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
Total Time: 20-25 minutes
Yield: 50 pieces
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar or refined sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 cup condensed milk
- 125 ml evaporated milk (just over 1/2 a cup)
- 1 cup grated cheese
- any food coloring (optional)
- In a bowl, mix all purpose flour, salt and baking soda.
- Pour in the evaporated milk and condensed milk. Mix well.
- Add sugar gradually as you continue whisking the mixture.
- Scoop a teaspoonful and a half of the batter into molds.
- You can also add colors. Just separate portions of the batter that you wish to put colors on. Add a droplet of food coloring in every separated portion and mix well. (This step is optional)
Related Content(article continues below)
- Top each half filled molds with grated cheese.
- Steam for 15-20 minutes. You will know it's done when it rises, cheese melts and toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Carefully squeeze the mold to pop out the puto cheese.
- Serve and Enjoy!
- Tip: For the best taste you can add egg, vanilla extract and butter. But if you don't want to spend too much for a snack, follow this simple recipe you will only have to spend $2 for 40 pieces.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Guide
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on March 23, 2017 at 4:28:35 PM on 10.0.2.249 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us