Putting Food in Candle Jars

Can you reuse candle jars to put foods in?

Eleni from Hemet Sage, CA

Answers:

Putting Food in Candle Jars

I would not. (02/16/2009)

By OliveOyl

Putting Food in Candle Jars

Of course you can. I do it all the time. just make sure you wash the jar extremely well. After I do this I add a little bleach water to it then rinse really well again. (02/16/2009)

By imaqt1962

Putting Food in Candle Jars

I would think that if there is no warning on the candle about not ingesting the candle material, that it would be okay to reuse the jars, if you can scour them very well. You wouldn't want any candle scent seeping into your pasta, candies, or whatever you are going to put into them. There are some very pretty candle jars out there. I can see why you'd want to reuse them! Just watch carefully for glass chipping around the lid. (02/16/2009)

By Cathy S

Putting Food in Candle Jars

I make candles, and I am going to give you my opinion, and my opinion is, no! I make soy candles and they are as close to natural as I can get them, except for the fragrance oils, and that's where there the problem lies. Just to let you know, the fragrance oil is toxic, and it can remove permanent marker and it can melt plastic.

If you would like to discuss this anymore, please feel free to email me at 4givenbygrace921 AT gmail.com

Thanks (02/17/2009)

By Veronica H.

Putting Food in Candle Jars

If it's glass, and all the old candle wax is out of it, and it doesn't have any remaining smell, then it should be just fine. (02/17/2009)

By Nance

Putting Food in Candle Jars

But why not exactly? Parafin wax is used to seal jams and jellies. Glass is non-porous, so what would be the reason? I'm really just curious. (02/17/2009)

By Beth

Putting Food in Candle Jars

I have done it for years with no ill effects. (02/17/2009)

By Maya

Reusing Candle Jars for Spices
Reusing Candle Jars
Uses for Baby Food Jars, Three Jars Full of Baby Food
Uses for Baby Food Jars
Pickle Jar Candy Jars
Reusing Pickle Jars
Decorated Jars
Decorating Jars for Gifts
Uses for Plastic Jars
Uses for Plastic Jars
🎉
🎄