Putting Plastic on the Inside and Outside of Windows

I have a question about plastic on windows. Can you put in on both the inside and out?

John

Answers:

They have some plastic for the outside and the inside. I am going to do the inside this year in my sun room where it is BRRR in the winter! Walmart has a package (near the weatherstripping stuff) for $10 that does 10 windows. (10/08/2008)

By yaffadreams

I put Clear plastic on my sliders that face the open field on the out side in the fall. As the weather gets colder I take the same clear plastic from a role to make plastic drapes, one rod pocket on top for the rod. To make the pocket I use double back tape, old washers for the weigh at the bottom. I also used clear plastic shower curtains on the smaller windows inside double back tape joins the curtains seams together on the sides. I hang them the same way you do for a shower using the shower rings. I used a curtain rod instead of a shower rod. The same rods that I use for the sheers in the summer months. I still get the light, I can see out and I block the cold wind from the field. I have used some over & over, other are reused for what ever I need a piece of plastic for. I buy my clear shower curtain at the Dollar store a few at a time in the warmer months. I even used them in my shower after using them on the windows. This has worked for me for years. (10/09/2008)

By EVY

Usually it is easier, and nicer to put it just on the inside, and you can get it nice and snug so that it doesn't obstruct your vision. However, I remember my dad putting it on the outside when I was a kid. He made frames, like temporary storm windows, with fiberglass pink insulation along the edges. We were not concerned about the look of the house in those days! I am sure you can put plastic on the outside, although you may have to use more tape than the double sided that comes with the kit. Perhaps there are outside kits available. (10/09/2008)

By louel53

The more plastic you put up the better. (10/10/2008)

By mulberry204

Weatherizing Your Home, Man Weather Stripping His Windows
Weatherizing Your Home
Cleaning Windows
Cleaning Lawn Service Chemicals from Windows
A woman stand in a room built using recycled windows.
Building with Recycled Windows
Installing a New Window
Hiring Someone to Replace Your Windows
🎄
🍂