Quick Chicken Pot Pie

I like to make chicken pot pie from scratch, but don't always have the time. The following recipe is what I do when I'm short on time.

Ingredients

• 2 frozen deep dish pie shells defrosted
  • 1 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken
  • 1 can Veg-all (I use store brand)
  • 1/2 chopped onion
  • 1 pkg. country gravy mix (the kind that makes 2 cups gravy) or 2 cans chicken or turkey gravy

Directions

In 1 Tbsp. oil or butter, saute' onion and chicken until onion is clear and soft. This gives the chicken a little extra flavor. When this is done, I usually just fix the gravy mix right there in the same pan with the chicken and onion. You want the gravy a little thicker than normal, but not too thick. Stir in the drained veggies. Pour this filling into one of the pie shells and use the other one for the top. I like to bake this at 350 degrees F for about 30 minutes so that the crust is golden brown. Take it out of the oven and let it set for about 15 minutes before cutting. Not quite as good as from scratch, but we never have left-overs and it only takes a few minutes prep time.

Source: I pretty much came up with this myself.

By Dianne from Wilsonville, OR

chicken pot pie
Chicken Pot Pie Recipes
Chicken a la King in puff pastry shell
Chicken A' La King Recipes
Turkey Pot Pie
Turkey Pot Pie Recipes
crochet strap for Crock Pot lid
Making a Crochet Crock Pot Strap
Cute Little Girl in Chicken Costume
Making a Chicken Costume
🎄