Quick and Easy Corn Chowder

This has been a family favorite for years. It is simple and enjoyed by everyone. It's creamy and I serve it all by itself. This really warms you up on our cold Florida winter nights. :)

• 2 Cans Whole Corn +/- depending on how much crunch you like
  • 4 Cans Creamed Corn +/- Depending how creamy you like it
  • 1-2 Cans Evaporated Milk (depending how thick you like it)
  • 1 Bag Frozen Chunk Potatoes (Hash Brown Chunk Type)
  • Onion (or Onion Powder)
  • Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder
  • Butter Or Margarine
  • Water

Put the frozen potatoes in a pan and just cover with water; bring to just before boil. If you are using fresh onion add it with the potatoes. I use frozen onion also, but add them with the rest of the ingredients.

When the potato's are tender, add the whole corn, creamed corn and warm this up. After warmed to eating temp. add the evaporated milk and butter, salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder to taste.

By Kenyoun from PSL FL

Quick and Easy Corn Chowder

Sounds yummy, I think I'm going to try this this weekend. (02/05/2009)

By sandee

Quick and Easy Corn Chowder

Do you drain the potatoes or leave the water? Also do you drain the corn? I am going to add cubed ham to mine too, sounds quick and easy. Thanks (02/06/2009)

By katklaw777

Corn Chowder
Vegetable Chowder
Vegetable Chowder Recipes
A bowl of corn chowder.
Corn Chowder Recipes
A stack of corn tortillas.
Homemade Corn Tortilla Recipes
Crab Chowder
Crab Chowder Recipes