Rabbit Ate My Burning Bush

A rabbit ate my Burning Bush down to nothing. Will it grow again?

By Aliciadiane from Buffalo, NY

Answers:

Rabbit Ate My Burning Bush

Yes, it should grow back again, unless you planted it just this year. Give it plenty of water and wait. If you don't want a repeat of it, you will have to surround it with a fence. I have to do that with my veggie garden or they eat everything that comes up. (04/23/2009)

By Laniegirl

Rabbit Ate My Burning Bush

I know all about that. For the first few years I had to keep chicken wire around mine until they were established and sturdy enough to put up with the rabbits. Every winter the rabbits prune them, and chew quite a bit of bark off of them, but they always have survived. At least so far. (04/23/2009)

By Beth

Rabbit Ate My Burning Bush

If and when it comes back try sprinkling the plant with ground chili peppers, not on a windy day, if they take a bite it will probably be there last. (04/27/2009)

By bridget not gidget

Rabbit Ate My Burning Bush
Burning Bush
Burning Bush Does Not Turn Red
Transplanting a Butterfly Bush
Transplanting a Butterfly Bush
Burning bush, fall foliage.
Growing a Burning Bush
Winterizing a Butterfly Bush
Winterizing a Butterfly Bush
🎉
🎄