Raccoon Photos

Category Wildlife
Raccoon Photos
These very cute animals can be pests or pets for homeowners, and are very photogenic. This page contains raccoon photos.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

This is our son Curtis and his pet raccoon Ronnie on one of his visits home. Curtis found Ronnie three years ago, abandoned by his mother on the side of a busy country road. Ronnie was very tiny and his eyes were barely open.

Raccoon in young man's arms

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 16

This little critter came into our lives as an orphan. He lives outside but comes in at will. He sure keeps us busy, as he gets into everything. This picture surely expresses that he is a happy raccoon.

Photo of a happy raccoon

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 16

Photo Description
Raccoons are nocturnal animals meaning they are active at night and sleep during the day. But where do raccoons sleep during the day? Well I got my answer the other day. I looked up into the tree above my back deck one morning and saw this raccoon lying on a limb. Its front and back legs were dangling over the limb and it was sound asleep. I quickly got my phone out to take a photo. It woke up and gave me a look. Once I took the photo, it went back to sleep. It stayed in the same place all day long. Once it started getting dark, it was gone. I hope it had a good night hunting because it sure had a restful day.

Photo Location
Carolina Beach State Park, NC

Comment Like this photo? 12

My husband hand feeds this sweet raccoon, and has called it Sparky for a long time. I saw 'him' from the side, and noticed the equipment needed for a 'snack bar for babies'.

She is now Ms. Sparklette, and she absolutely loves corn tortillas and dog biscuits. She is so gentle taking the food out of my husband's hands. I always ask in the early evening if he's going to meet his 'girlfriend'.

By Maile

Sparklette Raccoon

Comment Like this photo? 10

This is not a pet, just a wandering visitor. I had made this little "Town Hall" for the squirrels to come and eat peanuts from, and one morning there was a raccoon up there helping himself to the buffet.

By Peggy from Roseburg, OR

Raccoon at squirrel feeder.

Comment Like this photo? 9

Mama raccoon and 4 baby raccoons living in the vicinity of the parking lot where I work. Mama brings her babies out almost daily to cross the parking lot and look for food.

Wildlife: Raccoons

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 63

Me and my friends were flying to our favorite feeding spot when we were accosted by a four legged masked bandit, we settled in a tree just watching, couldn't believe our eyes!

Comment Like this photo? 8

These are the wild raccoons that frequent our yard. This is the fourth generation of raccoons. They enjoy dipping in to our dog's food. It has been a real treat watching them grow up, and grow old.

Raccoon on patio, digging in planter.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 7

We were lighting fireworks off on New Years eve and she (the raccoon) came running over to us and was so friendly and loving. She must had been someone's pet for her to be so friendly.

A Friendly Raccoon

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

Not really a pet but I do feed this little guy and 3 others a bit bigger than him every night. They show up starting at dusk to get "their" dog food!

A raccoon outside at night with glowing eyes.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

We were recently woken at dawn to our incessant barking. My husband, Jess and I ran out in our PJs and robes to discover this raccoon high up in our cherry tree.

A raccoon high up in a cherry tree. Photo by Lens Flare Photography

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 2

Sam was probably around 3 months old. I'm not sure how old the chick was, it was one that we hatched.

Sam (Raccoon)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

A young raccoon came out to play in our backyard the other day. Posing for us up in the tree. Then he became cheeky and stuck out his tongue!

By Nicole

Answers:

Wildlife: Raccoons

They are cute, at a distance. Mean, up close and personal. Don't corner one.
(06/21/2010)

By Great Granny Vi

Wildlife: Raccoons

Great photo and what a cute critter! :-) (06/22/2010)

By Deeli

Wildlife: Raccoons

Wow, what a great picture! So cute! Love the tongue! (06/22/2010)

By wdyjsu

Wildlife: Raccoons

That is hilarious! What a cheeky little booger! LOL. (06/22/2010)

By one.of.a.kind

Wildlife: Raccoons

I love it! You started a lot of smiles! (06/23/2010)

By Beth

Wildlife: Raccoons

Too cute! Makes a great photo for note cards! (07/05/2010)

By kghsave

We were near a stream in the nearby Great Smoky Mountains National Park when we noticed this raccoon. We were very quiet so we would not disturb his hand washing. Can't have a dirty raccoon, can we?

By Catherine

Answers:

Wildlife: Raccoons

What a great picture! Thank you for sharing. (06/03/2010)

By Joankay

Wildlife: Raccoons

I am an Australian, and we don't have raccoons here. When I visited my brother in Canada five years ago, I was delighted to see two of them in a small park in Toronto. When I went to the bed and breakfast where I was staying, I excitedly told the owner I had seen raccoons. She said "They are vermin!" How deflating, and Phooey to her! I loved seeing them, and the other Canadian wild life.
(06/03/2010)

By witchwood

We encountered a baby raccoon with it's eye's closed still on our acreage peeking out of a hole in one of our trees. Luckily, we got a couple of good pictures before mama woke up, heard the cries and pulled him/her back into the hole!

By jahummell from Shellsburg, IA

Answers:

Wildlife: Raccoon Photos

That is so awesome! Thank you so much for sharing this picture! (05/21/2009)

By Beth

Wildlife: Raccoon Photos

What a Blessing to have been able to catch such a wonderful shot! Thank you so much for sharing such a sweet photo! (05/21/2009)

By Deeli

This raccoon mom and her kids visit at dark to eat my grapes.

By Sharon from Nova Scotia, Canada

Answers:

Wildlife: Raccoons

Dang they're cute! I might not think they're so cute if they were eating my grapes, but since we don't see them in our neighborhood, they're cute (from afar!). (11/20/2009)

By mrs.story

Wildlife: Raccoons

Spray the vines with hot pepper sauce. Critters don't like it. If that doesn't work, tie bags around the grapes. I did this with my peaches, good luck. (11/20/2009)

By kffrmw88

Wildlife: Raccoons

They are adorable, Sharon! I love it that you don't mind them eating your grapes and that they are comfortable enough to be near you for you to take such a great photo! (11/20/2009)

By Deeli

Wildlife: Raccoons

I think God made them so cute so that it would be harder to get mad at them! (11/21/2009)

By Beth

Wildlife: Raccoons

That is an awesome photo! It looks like they paused in the midst of a meal to pose for a picture! Cute! (11/21/2009)

By wdyjsu

Wildlife: Raccoons

I love to see the little bandits in action unless they are fighting and hurting one of my dogs. LOL so cute. Great pic! (11/21/2009)

By Robyn Fed

Wildlife: Raccoons

Nancy in Lr Sackville, thanks for comment. They are darling! Use to live in Sackville, too! (11/22/2009)

By Shyun Shun

Wildlife: Raccoons

Well those little bandits sure did mug for the camera! I have some here in Missouri that come out and the young ones are so cute. I know they can be a problem to some but here I just toss them scraps near the trees in the winter months. They have not bothered my dog and do not like it when he barks at them, they run and hide in the woods. (11/22/2009)

By meoowmom

Wildlife: Raccoons

I have this book "1001 All-Natural Secrets to a Pest-Free Property" by Dr. Myles H. Bader. Excellent book. He says, "Raccoons do not like to be around dogs. Get the clippings from your local dog groomer. Spread the hair around when you have problems and you will never see another raccoon or rabbit." Hope this helps and try to get the book. (11/28/2009)

By sabrinadog

WANTED FOR QUESTIONING! Highly intelligent and disarmingly cute, this gang is destructive and greedy.

A raccoon on a deck behind some plants.

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes