Rainy Day Activities for Kids

When playing outside is not an option, finding fun things for kids to do inside can be a challenge. This guide is about rainy day activities for kids.

March 1, 2010 Flag

After kids parties, there are inevitably left over themed plates, napkins, cups, and decorations. I saved these all together, then one rainy day we had an impromptu birthday party. My kids were bored, so I reminded them it was one of their dolls birthday!

We made some cupcakes, I brought out the mismatched party left overs, and we invited a few neighbor kids and their teddy bear guests over for a memorable party. The kids all had a ball!

By Michelle from San Diego, CA

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 2 Comments

June 1, 2014 Flag

It's raining. It's been a long, long day. The kids are bored and you're just about to try the old 'pillow over the face' trick.

Get a bucket of warm water and a couple of paint brushes - the big
kind that the kids see on the movies. Put them in the bathroom and ask them to 'paint the walls'. It'll keep then busy long enough for you get dinner underway!

A great variation on this theme is to cut pictures out of magazines (passes an hour earlier in the day) and 'stick' them onto the wet tiles that they've just 'painted'.

Endless fun and easy clean up. If the kids are old enough, they can clean up the mess themselves with "Yeti shoes." These are also known as old towels wrapped around bare feet. By the way, don't try this on wallpaper as the ink tends to transfer.

Source: My life!

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

March 5, 2008 Flag

I used a hat box, but any box will do. Place art supplies in the box. Take a walk around your home and collect things that would make good collage materials.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

January 19, 2006 Flag

Here are some fun things to do on a rainy day.

By Kelly from Willamina, OR

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 1 Comment

April 5, 2005 Flag

On those rainy spring days when the kids are complaining of being bored have them do a scavenger hunt in the house! You can have them find any number of things and it will keep them busy as well as helping them have a little fun!

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photographs. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

May 14, 2013 Flag

Photo Description
Here is an indoor activity idea to do with kids.

My nephew was visiting and had asked me if I had any cards. I happily found him a deck and was amazed at what he did with them.

First he balanced a small plate on top of them, and I was impressed but I wanted to one up it so I gave him the globe to try. It worked!

It was a lot of fun seeing what we could put on top of them and when the cards did eventually give in and collapse he was thrilled to go at it again.

Start with four cards and make a square but offset the edges, then built from there.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 1 Comment
Parenting General Parenting AdviceFebruary 26, 2013
Crepe Myrtle Not Blooming
Crepe Myrtle Not Blooming
A photo of a girl making paper hearts.
Valentine's Day Crafts for Kids
Making a Paper Plate Flying Disc
Making a Paper Plate Flying Disc
Green Valentine's Day Ideas, heart shaped leaf
Being Single on Valentine's Day
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 3, 2017 at 11:07:46 AM on 10.0.2.28 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.