Raising Gerbils

My gerbils are multiplying. I need to separate the boys from the girls. I don't have much money. Any ideas for a homemade gerbil home? I am handy with tools, etc. Thanks!

By Claire from Bristol, NH

Raising Gerbils

My hubby's handy, too, but, through trial-and-error we ended up scouting just an ordinary glass aquarium and putting tough, but small-gauge wire screening on the top. These little guys can and will, chew through almost everything. Wood, plastic (even the high-priced rodent homes that look fairly tough) and cages with thin wire are mostly invitations for gerbils to chew away.

We only have two male gerbils, in a 20 gallon aquarium that we found at a yard sale for ten bucks. It may be cheaper for you to go that way unless you find you can build something as substantial for less cash. (06/29/2010)

By PupperMom

Caring for Gerbils
Caring for Gerbils
Adjust a home's thermostat.
Frugal Tips for Keeping Warm in the Winter
Daughters Horse Riding Daddy
Raising Girls
Grandparent with Granddaughter
Grandparents Raising Grandchildren
Credit Report on Table
Raising Your Credit Score