Raising Gerbils

I separated the boy gerbils from the girl gerbils. The mother had more pups and proceeded to chase her daughter around the cage and bite her. The daughter from the first litter was not allowed to sleep in the nest box any more either. I moved her to her own cage. Did I do the right thing?

I had heard that the daughter from the first litter would help her mother with the pups. I hope to put another female in with her when the new pups get big enough. I hear this might be a bit tricky though. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

By Claire from Bristol, NH

Caring for Gerbils
Caring for Gerbils
Adjust a home's thermostat.
Frugal Tips for Keeping Warm in the Winter
Daughters Horse Riding Daddy
Raising Girls
Grandparent with Granddaughter
Grandparents Raising Grandchildren
Credit Report on Table
Raising Your Credit Score