Re-dyeing My Hair

I've dyed my hair and it didn't turn out the way I wanted it to. I've read online that it's not safe to redye your hair because it may damage it. But since redying it isn't healthy can I do a semi-permanent hair coloring 2 days after I've dyed it?

What colour is your natural hair and what did you use as a dye? It's best if you could wait it out as long as possible but if you must, semi permanent is the way to go with a trim and deep conditioning follow-up

Friend Girl, when I gave it up as a hair burner, you probably were in diapers. I still like to learn, sometimes just for the sake of learning. So tell me, with the average thickness of the human hair somewhere around 0.08 mm, just how deep can you condition it? I mean if you go deeper than 0.04 mm, the stuff is gonna start oozing out the other side.

Just sayin'

You are better off deep conditioning until your hair is in better shape and then recoloring in a month.

Mekayla,

The Internet is like a piece of paper. It will 'lay' there and let you write anything on it. It is not necessarily unhealthy to re dye hair. The correct statement would be, 'Re dyeing the hair could damage it, but not necessarily'. It all depends on several factors. Too many to go into, here.

Now, If after the initial coloring, your hair and scalp were left in very good condition, you should be reasonably safe in applying a semi permanent color 2 days later.

It would be best to use a semi permanent color that does not require a catalyst (packets of powdered granules, etc., which aid in the development of the color. These catalysts can be harsh to the hair.

Actually, it is not a good idea to apply a semi permanent color over a permanent color. They are not formulated for such use. I've said this before and I will say it til the cows come home. You can get some strange colors by doing so. (Strange colors that 'deep' conditioning will not prevent nor change).

If you choose to apply a semi permanent color, please do a strand test first. If the strand turns a cow pile green, you can thank Uncle Doug it was just a strand and not your whole head.