Real Easy Taco Salad

• 1 bag shredded lettuce
  • 1 lb. ground beef or ground turkey, cooked and drained
  • 1 package taco seasoning, original (following instructions)
  • Ad
  • 3 tomatoes chopped
  • 1 16 oz. package of shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1 16 oz. bottle Catalina dressing
  • 1 16 oz. bag of small-size tortilla chips
  • black olives (opt.) sour cream to dab on top

Mix all ingredients together after meat cooked with taco seasoning. Top with black olives and sour cream. Makes a large bowl of taco salad.

Very delicious and so easy to make.

This recipe was given to me by a friend about 20 years ago, don't remember who, but it still is just as easy now as it was then. Makes 6 servings or more of about 1 1/2 cup size. Can't stop at one serving though, it is so good and low calorie and delicious.

By Judy from LeRoy, NY

Real Easy Taco Salad

Ummmmm, sounds yummy! (02/19/2008)

Real Easy Taco Salad

Kind of creepy that you posted this! I emailed my ex-aunt over the weekend for her taco salad recipe that I used to eat at her house over summers. The only difference is that she used Fritos vs. tortilla chips.

Thank you so much for this...she, of course, never responded! (02/19/2008)

By Michael the Moe

Real Easy Taco Salad

This is the same recipe I have used for years. I actually lost the recipe but have made is so often I pretty much know the ingredients and wing it on the amounts. Once people try it, it is what you are always required to bring to a potluck. They also want to know what that different ingredient is (Catalina dressing). I also use onions chopped fine. (02/19/2008)

By guest from MI

Real Easy Taco Salad

I took have had this recipe and we used Doritos from Frito-Lay for the tortilla chips. It gives it an extra flavor. This was one of the favorites at our Boy Scouts Camp for dinner. (02/26/2008)

By Kelly

Real Easy Taco Salad

Hi, I'm very glad many have found this Taco Salad recipe useful. It is what I am requested to bring as well to all 'bring a dish "get-togethers'. My son and his friends, (in their 20's) who aren't cooks, but know the 'take-out' fast food restaurant numbers on their speed-dial, know how to make this taco salad and it is better for them than fast food take-out. It is very economical too. Thanks again for all your kind feedback and I'm glad I could help. Have a Good Day. Judy from LeRoy, NY (02/26/2008)

By birdwatcher

Chicken Taco Salad
Taco Salad Recipes
Shrimp Tacos
Seafood Taco Recipes
Taco Bake on Picnic Table
Taco Bake Recipes
real estate agent
Selecting a Real Estate Agent
Recognizing Real Sheepskin vs Faux Sheepskin