Recipe for Healthy Hair

Amla and coconut oil applied to the scalp helps the hair to grow healthy and silky. You can get it from spice shops or any Indian store.

By Dorty from SA

Editor's Note: Amla is also knows as Indian Gooseberry

Recipe for Healthy Hair

My mother was always fond of using beer and mayonnaise. Not together, of course, but it worked for her. (10/13/2009)

By caldwellswife

Recipe for Healthy Hair

That can be a little heavy for certain types of hair. I bet it smells great though. I use olive oil on occasion on my fine hair. It works really well. Just leave on over night, cover with shower cap, and wash out the next morning. I usually lather twice.

If you do this once a month and especially if you use Head and Shoulders, it will also prevent dandruff. My dermatologist had me do this once when I was taking meds that made my skin and scalp really dry. It works. Mama would use beer to set her hair with. The odor goes away and it works like a setting gel. (10/15/2009)

By eveh

Recipe for Healthy Hair
A woman with long hair.
Growing Hair Faster
Woman holding a dog in arms.
Removing Pet Hair from Clothing
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink