Recipe for a Homemade Weedkiller

I'd like to use some kind of natural weed killer that I can make myself to use in and around my flower and vegetable garden without killing off my vegetables and flowers. What do you recommend?

Hardiness Zone: 7b

By Red from LaFayette, GA

Recipe for a Homemade Weedkiller

Your best bets are your hands and a hoe, followed by mulching. Most anything that will kill the weeds, will kill the garden plants. If the aisles are wide, you can use a tiller, or burn them off with a propane weed burner. Once I have the weeds in the aisles knocked down, I use grass clippings to keep them down (tilling them in at the end of the season). Once the rows are weeded, it only takes a few minutes a day to keep them that way. Unfortunately, when it comes to gardens, there are not a lot of SAFE chemical shortcuts. (06/08/2010)

By Jilson

Recipe for a Homemade Weedkiller

Plain cheap white vinegar. (06/12/2010)

By muttmom

Homemade Weed Killer Recipes
Homemade Weed Killer Recipes
Salt and Vinegar Weed Killer Recipe
Salt and Vinegar Weed Killer Recipe
Tofu on Plate with White Background
Homemade Tofu Recipes
Pastel swirled marshmallows in various shapes.
Making Homemade Marshmallows
Killing Weeds With Vinegar